Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DK » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:36 pm

Yoda wrote:
DK wrote:
What makes his comments ignorant? That people lashed out at him and he's not scared to lash back? Guys trash talk all the time in the majors; it's been there since the beginning. Getting mad at it now is foolhardy.


So making up a lie about how a TB player during a bench clearing brawl told him that the reason why they've been losing 100 games a year is b/c of their idiot manager... isn't ignorant? That isn't trash talk. You can continue to believe that Schilling is this holy being. Just don't try to convince me of it.


Oh my goodness. This is ridiculous. If I have to say this one more time I'm going to rip my hair out.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT IT WAS A LIE! IT IS NOT THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH, SO STOP PRETENDING IT IS!

Do I have to say it again? I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:39 pm

DK wrote:
Yoda wrote:
DK wrote:
What makes his comments ignorant? That people lashed out at him and he's not scared to lash back? Guys trash talk all the time in the majors; it's been there since the beginning. Getting mad at it now is foolhardy.


So making up a lie about how a TB player during a bench clearing brawl told him that the reason why they've been losing 100 games a year is b/c of their idiot manager... isn't ignorant? That isn't trash talk. You can continue to believe that Schilling is this holy being. Just don't try to convince me of it.


Oh my goodness. This is ridiculous. If I have to say this one more time I'm going to rip my hair out.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT IT WAS A LIE! IT IS NOT THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH, SO STOP PRETENDING IT IS!

Do I have to say it again? I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.


So then are you saying Pinella is lying? TB players? SOmeone has to be lying b/c when else would a TB player even talk to Schilling? During the brawl? During the game? Before? After? Tell me since you seem to know an awful lot about Schilling and what he did or didn't say.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby Nomar4prez » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:40 pm

It's official, we are talking to a brick wall.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby DK » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:42 pm

Yoda wrote:
DK wrote:
Yoda wrote:
DK wrote:
What makes his comments ignorant? That people lashed out at him and he's not scared to lash back? Guys trash talk all the time in the majors; it's been there since the beginning. Getting mad at it now is foolhardy.


So making up a lie about how a TB player during a bench clearing brawl told him that the reason why they've been losing 100 games a year is b/c of their idiot manager... isn't ignorant? That isn't trash talk. You can continue to believe that Schilling is this holy being. Just don't try to convince me of it.


Oh my goodness. This is ridiculous. If I have to say this one more time I'm going to rip my hair out.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT IT WAS A LIE! IT IS NOT THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH, SO STOP PRETENDING IT IS!

Do I have to say it again? I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.


So then are you saying Pinella is lying? TB players? SOmeone has to be lying b/c when else would a TB player even talk to Schilling? During the brawl? During the game? Before? After? Tell me since you seem to know an awful lot about Schilling and what he did or didn't say.


Didn't Pinella not talk back?

Have they asked every TB player?

Who was lying here?

Your comments are illogical.
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby acsguitar » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:45 pm

TB13 wrote:
Bas wrote:No it means every fifth day he is gonna go out and beat you. That is how you back up your trash talk. You can say whatever you want to the media but the only thing that matters is what happens on the field.


Talking about beating another team and then backing it up is one thing. Talking about another teams batters and then striking them out is talking smack and backing it up.
Saying that some unnamed player told him that Pinella is an idiot just makes Schilling a moron with a big mouth, who happens to be blessed with pitching talent. A jackass with a big mouth and great ability is just that.


Nice...Schilling just love to hear himself talk.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:05 pm

DK wrote:
Yoda wrote:
DK wrote:
Yoda wrote:
DK wrote:
What makes his comments ignorant? That people lashed out at him and he's not scared to lash back? Guys trash talk all the time in the majors; it's been there since the beginning. Getting mad at it now is foolhardy.


So making up a lie about how a TB player during a bench clearing brawl told him that the reason why they've been losing 100 games a year is b/c of their idiot manager... isn't ignorant? That isn't trash talk. You can continue to believe that Schilling is this holy being. Just don't try to convince me of it.


Oh my goodness. This is ridiculous. If I have to say this one more time I'm going to rip my hair out.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT IT WAS A LIE! IT IS NOT THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH, SO STOP PRETENDING IT IS!

Do I have to say it again? I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall.


So then are you saying Pinella is lying? TB players? SOmeone has to be lying b/c when else would a TB player even talk to Schilling? During the brawl? During the game? Before? After? Tell me since you seem to know an awful lot about Schilling and what he did or didn't say.


Didn't Pinella not talk back?

Have they asked every TB player?

Who was lying here?

Your comments are illogical.


OK if you say so.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby DK » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:07 pm

Yoda wrote:
DK wrote:Didn't Pinella not talk back?

Have they asked every TB player?

Who was lying here?

Your comments are illogical.


OK if you say so.


Real damning statement you just made. Nice to see you're backing off, at least you've realized you were preaching a fallacy. ;D
Image
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9533
Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on deck

Postby blankman » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:11 pm

Wow. 8 pages of most likely garbage.

Curt seems to think he can speak for everyone about everything. I had no problem with him until he kept running his mouth. He really needs to just shut up and quit complaining. :-[
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:11 pm

DK wrote:
Yoda wrote:
DK wrote:Didn't Pinella not talk back?

Have they asked every TB player?

Who was lying here?

Your comments are illogical.


OK if you say so.


Real damning statement you just made. Nice to see you're backing off, at least you've realized you were preaching a fallacy. ;D


Not really. It doesn't change the fact that Schilling has a fat mouth and he would do the world of good if he kept it shut. I'm just tired of arguing the same point over and over again. ;-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 6:22 hours
(and 89 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact