Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:38 am

Schilling knows how to read?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ZAZ » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:41 am

Of course, they were also talkig about this on Baseball Tonight last night. There and here, I couldn't help but wonder why anyone doesn't point out that this is Sports Talk Radio we're talking about here. Talking shyte is the whole format practically!! I don't think anyone should get too worked up or be surprised when someone goes over the top with crap on a dumb talk radio show, that's what they're there for.
ZAZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:46 am

He's a loud mouthed idiot.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby WharfRat » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:49 am

ZAZ wrote:Of course, they were also talkig about this on Baseball Tonight last night. There and here, I couldn't help but wonder why anyone doesn't point out that this is Sports Talk Radio we're talking about here. Talking shyte is the whole format practically!! I don't think anyone should get too worked up or be surprised when someone goes over the top with crap on a dumb talk radio show, that's what they're there for.

Interesting you mention that. It's actually common knowledge in the radio biz that negative emotions lead to better ratings, hence the vitriol of political talk radio. I'd never thought of that before in terms of sports broadcasting, but it wouldn't surprise me if producers at YES or ESPN think the same way, in some cases at least.
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:50 am

Wow, a lot of Yankee fans don't like Schilling. Imagine that. :-b

And Kazmir has hit four batters. Want to guess who those four are? (Hint: they are all Red Sox.)
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:55 am

Wanna make a guess how many TB players have been hit by Red Sox pitchers? Hint, it's more than Red Sox players have been hit by TB pitchers. It started long before Pinella or the Gutless Wonder were with their respective teams, when Pedro hit Gerald Williams.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:59 am

SouthBronxBombers wrote:Wanna make a guess how many TB players have been hit by Red Sox pitchers? Hint, it's more than Red Sox players have been hit by TB pitchers. It started long before Pinella or the Gutless Wonder were with their respective teams, when Pedro hit Gerald Williams.

You're missing the point. The point is that Pinella's contention that he has young pitchers with control issues is simply not true.

I never argued the Sox don't hit batters, and do it on purpose. From what I understand, many Yankee fans are mad that their team doesn't retaliate. I'm glad my team does.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:02 am

bselig wrote:i was watching the sox drays game in which the benches cleared, and i had noticed before that that the drays fans cheer FOR the red sox...were there just a lot of sox fans in the stadium that day or is that the norm there?

I went to a D-Rays game at Tropicana vs. the Sox last year. I bought tickets at the gate and I ended up getting 1st base line like 3 rows up, unbelievable seats for the amount of people that were there. The majority of the people were definitely Sox fans though, the place was loaded with them.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:04 am

You have no real point to miss. You just don't like the Yankees or their fans. Your post was clearly siding with Schilling on this. Pinella does not need to tell his team anything. Every pitcher in the game, young or old, knows when you are supposed to drill someone. It's not like Schilling has never done the same. You don't like Pinella because of his past association with the Yankees.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MMoNeY24 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:10 am

Transmogrifier wrote:
SouthBronxBombers wrote:Wanna make a guess how many TB players have been hit by Red Sox pitchers? Hint, it's more than Red Sox players have been hit by TB pitchers. It started long before Pinella or the Gutless Wonder were with their respective teams, when Pedro hit Gerald Williams.

You're missing the point. The point is that Pinella's contention that he has young pitchers with control issues is simply not true.

I never argued the Sox don't hit batters, and do it on purpose. From what I understand, many Yankee fans are mad that their team doesn't retaliate. I'm glad my team does.

I usually don't agree with what you say at all, but I'm one of the Yankee fans that are pissed the Yankees don't retaliate. It's friggin' sad that Torre, Mussina, and alot of other guys are soft L's. The only real badasses we have are Randy, who Torre probably wouldn't let hit someone, Sturtze who's on the DL right now, and Brown who probably couldn't even hit a batter if he tried.
MMoNeY24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers