Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Deep thoughts by Curt Schilling...

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:22 am

Now make sure you all take notes as the Oracle at Delphi is imparting his wisdom to us:

Curt Schilling on WEEI's Dennis & Callahan

On ESPN's John Kruk's saying "until David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez stop flipping the bat after home runs and disrespecting and showing up opposing pitchers, this (bean brawl) is going to continue to happen": That's crap. That's Krukie doing what he does best which is stirring up crap. This started last year and he obviously wasn't paying attention and that's not surprising. This started last year when Kazmir hit Manny and Millar and continued this year. They're (Tampa Bay) leading in hit-by-pitches by the way. One of the problems with being an analyst and not paying attention is that you miss some of the important facts of the story... John Kruk's been around this. John Kruk was involved in a scenario much like this back in the early '90's (tells story)... I don't like to see people who played the game make idiots of themselves like John did. Kruk's as much a part of the problem as he is talking about it 'cause they show it every night. And they glorify it, laugh about it, think it's funny, and guys do it for that reason.

On Rays' manager Lou Pinella: The problem is when you're playing a team with a manager who somehow forgot how the game is played, there's problems. This should have been over a little bit ago. Lou's trying to make his team be a bunch of tough guys and the telling sign is when the players on that team are saying "this is why we lose 100 games a year because this idiot makes us do stuff like this." They (Rays' players) said that on the field.

On Rays' television color analyst Joe Magrane: Magrane said on Sunday’s telecast during the bench clearing “Schilling running his mouth again, shocking Dwayne (Staats), shocking. He’s too old for this. He threw his walker down and tried to make his way out there." He’s an idiot. He’s a frickin’ idiot. The funny part about that is a guy’s who’s career is over at 24-25. He was a sub .500 pitcher who obviously… he came into the big leagues with a lot of… he was a high pick, but getting on my health when he was done at 25 and I had my best years after I was 34, I mean there’s kind of an irony there I guess, I don’t know, but you know Joe Magrane tool when he played, and he is now. I mean he’s the kind of guy when you’re in the clubhouse and the game’s on, you turn the sound down. It’s tiring to listen to, and it’s the same way when he played. But you expect that from people like Joe. That’s how he was when he played. He was an idiot.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:31 am

Yeah, I think Curt got really upset when the TB announcers said that.

I'm not sure why he thinks people will believe him. Yes, the TB players are coming up to you in the middle of a brawl saying those things. Please. Schilling lost all his credibility when he backtracked faster than Billy Wagner's fastball at the steroid hearings.

Kruk, although I don't like him that much, was exactly right. If you are going to show up pitchers, then you know there is a price to pay. It's been part of baseball since long before Curt Schilling's granddaddy met his grandma.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:38 am

I particularly find the comments on the TB broadcaster amusing. Not only is he criticizing the comment about running his mouth off...but he does so in an incohernent rant that fully qualifies as running one's mouth off on that show. So Curt, you never run your mouth off hey? At least Magrane can talk coherently and speak in proper English.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:47 am

I'm not sure I buy Pinella's 'we've got young pitchers who are trying to learn to throw inside' schtick any more than I buy Schilling's silly comments on the subject. Sure they are 'young' in the MLB sense of the word but it's not as if they 'came out of nowhere'.

On beaning, to me, it is much more effective for hitters to shrug it off. Edmonds did that to Zambrano when Zambrano beaned him last year and you could see Zambrano lose it and go to pieces even more. It is stupid for the media to have the ridiculous need to 'deconstruct' what happens when people get hot and 'break it down' to manufacture some punditry.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:52 am

I really like the part about the players telling him this is why they lose a hundred games a year. Lou was not the manager when they were losing a hundred games a year. Schilling should at least get some facts straight before he starts making stuff up. It just makes him look more of an ass than he is.

Schilling is a coward. He showed that in the steroid hearings. He's quick to insult people when there is no way they will be retaliating against him.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bselig » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:56 am

i was watching the sox drays game in which the benches cleared, and i had noticed before that that the drays fans cheer FOR the red sox...were there just a lot of sox fans in the stadium that day or is that the norm there?
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:00 am

Does Schillling ever shut his fat trap? He is such a great pitcher but opens his mouth and says stupid things too often. So tired of him.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nikku88 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:14 am

Schilling always says something stupid. It's great entertainment though. :-D
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bluefire7 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:33 am

schilling is an idiot. have any of you ever heard the michael kay radio show in ny on 1050 am radio? schill got mad at michael kay (yankee broadcaster) for something he wrote about in one of his YES network online articles, and told to paul oneill before a yankees/redsox game, "when you see michael kay, can you punch him in the face for me?" and schilling wouldn't even say which article it was that he didn't like. when michael kay confronted schilling later on, schilling said every night he goes the internet and google's his name, reading every article about him. now that is absolutely crazy.. :-t dunno of any of you guys heard the radio show.. its on after work.
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

Postby WharfRat » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:35 am

bluefire7 wrote:schilling is an idiot. have any of you ever heard the michael kay radio show in ny on 1050 am radio? schill got mad at michael kay (yankee broadcaster) for something he wrote about in one of his YES network online articles, and told to paul oneill before a yankees/redsox game, "when you see michael kay, can you punch him in the face for me?" and schilling wouldn't even say which article it was that he didn't like. when michael kay confronted schilling later on, schilling said every night he goes the internet and google's his name, reading every article about him. now that is absolutely crazy.. :-t dunno of any of you guys heard the radio show.. its on after work.

I cannot imagine a more irritating duo than Curt Schilling and Michael Kay getting angry at each other.
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers