Top Broadcasters - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top Broadcasters

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dmville » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:52 am

sammyfan711 wrote:Hawk & DJ are awful announcers. In between all the dead air, Hawk leaves the impression that he has seen it all and gives you little reason to take interest in the game.

Toss in a ho-hum story or two about when Hawk played and you have yourself baseball's worst broadcast.

Put in on the board, YES!

Yeah, he comes across as very arrogant and bored with calling anything that isn't sox HR. Just because he has seen it all doesn't mean I or the 8 yo kid trying to watch and learn the game have.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Carey's

Postby bigjimblue » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:54 am

Harry was likable but poor. But he was a lot better than Skip. Skip is the worst. Not only is he drunk like Harry but he can't even get the player's names right! Thank goodness that Chip has learned from their mistakes. He is the best of the three. And I liked him and Stoney together. This will show my age. But I liked Dizzy Dean. Garagiola was good too. Nuxhall and Brennamen worked well together. But the best ever was Joe Buck's dad Jack in St. Louis.
bigjimblue
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Dmville » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:46 pm

Nat Uralice wrote: Joe Morgan just gets annoying. This past Wednesday he called Olmedo Saenz "one of the greatest right handed hitters in baseball"......right.

I got a good chuckle out of that one too. I had to rewind my Tivo just to make sure I heard him right.
Dmville
Dmville
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Sparkplugs » Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:56 pm

I can't stand the Fox guys. Has anyone ever actually laughed at the stupid jokes Buck makes after every pitch? I think I also get annoyed when a guy gets a job just because of his father.

Another one that I thought was brutal was Dave Justice. Don't know if he still does ESPN games, but he was like watching a train wreck.
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Dupree80 » Mon May 02, 2005 10:14 am

Calling Vince Scully boring is giving him too much credit. Why does he feel the need to spell out every little detail of the game? Its TV, nobody needs an in-depth analysis of a routine flyball to right.

He might be one of the all-time greats, but I can't wait till HE GONNNNE.
Dupree80
T-Ball Trainer

Postby AT » Mon May 02, 2005 4:29 pm

As a Yankee Fan, Michael Kay :-t He's a gimmicky hack who is way too far on the side of the Yankees in every game and it's ridiculous. Thank god he does about 1/4 the games this year because ESPN was stupid enough to give this guy a radio spot during primetime opposite Mike and the Mad Dog. He even parodied their theme music. His radio show is an absolute train wreck. My favorite Yankee booth was Scooter and Bobby Murcer but that's coming from someone who never heard Mel Allen do games... Holy Cow!
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Shock6822 » Mon May 02, 2005 4:54 pm

I actually like Jon Miller, but I only get Angels and Dodgers games and Sunday Night baseball...Vin Scully is alright, Steve Physioc is pretty bad, I think Rex Hudker is the WORST baseball announcer by far. May be a good guy, but please stop announcing.
Shock6822
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers