Quiter and dumper - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Quiter and dumper

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Quiter and dumper

Postby swyck » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:58 pm

I'm in a deep 20 team 14x14 Yahoo H2h league. Some jerk just dumped nearly his whole team on waivers. Here I am looking at the viabililty of backup infielders, getting all excited about Burgos and Turnbow. and now the likes of Derrek Lee, Lew Ford and Brandon Looper are available.

What can we do? Probably not much. His team is pretty much destroyed -- he picked up a bunch of DL's. I guess we engage in a waiver feast, but I'm #13, whaaaaa! :(

IMO the league is still viable. There are 19 other teams. We get over this and move on. If I was the comish I'd grab some of the FA's and try to set a lineup. I guess its not so bad as if there were only 12 teams.

Too bad. I was enjoying drilling down into the lower reaches of the depth chart. Much better then 8 or 10 team all-star leagues IMO. Worst thing was he was posting all sorts of complaints, including about people not managing their teams, and he was in 1st place.

Any suggestions on how to handle this? Is it better that he dumped his players, or would it be better had he just abandoned his team? At least we know its abandoned. Can the comish recind the waivers, and if so, should he? Does this kind of thing happen often?

:-P
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:47 am

Normally the commish picks all the cut players back up, puts them back on the other owner's team, sets the roster, then locks the team.

That way no one gains an unfair advantage based on waiver priority and you don't have to worry about someone grabbing the guys out of the free agent pool.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:09 am

We had a bozo in our league do that a few years ago (miffed at a looming deadline to pay entry fee ... in August 8-o).
Anyway, it was handled like Madison said above; commish re-installed all the players on the roster and froze it. Needless to say, the clown is no longer involved in our league.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby xeifrank » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:59 am

that's one thing I don't like about H2H leagues, is that if somone quits, dumps their players or just ignores their team it is any easy big victory for someone that week. It then favors the people who have that team on their schedule more often.

If someone does this in a roto league, it just goes from a 14 to a 13 team league, no problems.

The waiver wire and priorities will take care of distributing the players fairly, it's just that the teams that may have already played and lost to his team are probably going to be upset as others will pretty much have a bye when they play him.

why did he quit?

vr

Xei
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:11 am

How does the waiver wire priority distribute players fairly? #1 WW priority should never mean you can pick someone like Derek Lee off the wire.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:44 am

There are two options in most leagues.

The first would be to place all those players back on his team and lock the roster. The problem is that some leagues won't let the commish edit rosters. Yahoo has this option when you make your team, I believe.

The second is to lock the waiver status on the elite players he dumped, so they basically would remain on the wire all season.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers