Beltran? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bluefire7 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:54 pm

slomo007 wrote:Yes, it is terrible. Honestly I could tolerate Reyes leading off. But following Reyes with Matsui is like following diarrhea with a toilet paper shortage.

ahahha..
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Secret Avatar » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:40 pm

Beltran has been hitting the ball better than I expected, given that Shea is a worse hitters park than his previous home parks. He's hitting for nice power and average and driving in runs. I have been so far correct, though, in my prediction that his steals will not approach 40 this year. He's not been running at that sort of clip, and seems to be settling into more of power hitter and run producer than a get-on-base-and-steal guy. If this remains true for the season, Beltran owners will not get their moneys worth. They didn't pay top-5 prices for an OF who hits for moderate power and average without 35+ steals. It's a long season, of course.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:45 pm

I will take a 30/30 guy to be honest. 40 steals would be great, but 30 is all I'm asking for.

The rest of the numbers will be there, including a decent average. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby jacksparrow217 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:45 pm

All we need is for the mets to really heat up, and for Randolph to get kaz matsui outta that second spot and to get piazza out of the clean up spot. THen we'll see what me and so many other owners paid first round dollars for.
Tedium is the worst pain
jacksparrow217
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BuckeyeSal » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:15 pm

Why is Wright not hitting where Pizza is right now, or Floyd or anyone else besides Mike? Doesn't make sense to me.
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:47 pm

There's a couple of reasons I think. As far as Wright goes I don't think the Mets want to put him batting clean-up just yet. I think you could make an argument for Floyd for the moment because he's on fire but Piazza is only 68 ABs into the season. On top of that the Mets are the 4th highest run scoring offense in the NL at the moment and since the 5-game skid to start the season they've been playing pretty good ball. Nothing is drastically broken but if Piazza continues to hit .235 then I'm sure Willie will eventually make the tough decision. Until then Piazza has earned the right to be afforded more than 68 ABs IMO.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BuckeyeSal » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:52 pm

Fair enough, but Pizza wasn't really good last year either. Bernie Williams doesn't hit near the top of the Yankees anymore either. He's earned it more than anyone, but this is business.
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:59 pm

Piazza wasn't that good last year but he also battled injuries and the move to first base. So I guess they are giving him a chance. The comparison to Bernie Williams isn't really fair for two reasons: Piazza can still hit for power and the Yankees have the most stacked line-up in baseball. :-)
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby great gretzky » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:14 pm

Beltran+Feliz+Giambi+Blake (or C. Floyd)+P.Byrd
I get:
Thome+M.Young+Hallday+Marquis

Honestly, I don't like it that much -- correction, Id need to see your team. pm me or post it here ...

the fact is if it can be blake and byrd, you get a pretty sweet deal. The kicker is the steals. but I think thome, halladay and young area bigger total collection of names than beltre feliz and giambi.

If I were you, I'd keep thome and young and trade halladay to make up the steals.

Or, conversely, maybe trade young for that.

I think you have options, I'd keep floyd though.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby nuggets » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:24 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6 ... pe=Batting

I believe if Beltran doesn't get at least 25 stolen bases, LBJ is giving fantasy baseball away.

Do you mean up intead of away? Or is that the Kiwi way to say it?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers