Beltran? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:19 am

nmarq8 wrote:
i agree, i was waiting for amazinz to bring an optimistic point of view to this topic. as for rynman, i'm interested to hear what you were offered for beltran.

Nothing really thrilling, just 3 for 3 trades with him in there, but he has stated to me on numerous occasions that he wants him bad. I think I could get some combination of M. Young, Halladay, Mora, C. Cordero, Thome all from him if I threw in another player or two. When a guy shows you that he is THAT keen to get a guy, I think you have to use it to your advantage. :-?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:27 am

Tell me what you think of this trade, of course im getting the better side but if he wants Beltran badly enough, you think he'd do it?

I give:
Beltran+Feliz+Giambi+Blake (or C. Floyd)+P.Byrd
I get:
Thome+M.Young+Hallday+Marquis

I really struggle on deals with different guys are different positions. So am I delusional?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby brandnew » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:28 am

How do you know they didn't pay him not to run? It's possible I guess... you don't want your best hitter to get hurt stealing a bag. If he goes down, so does the season...
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:32 am

brandnew wrote:How do you know they didn't pay him not to run? It's possible I guess... you don't want your best hitter to get hurt stealing a bag. If he goes down, so does the season...

They paid for a 5 tool player. I think they will let him run. He is one of the best basestealers in history.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby brandnew » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:34 am

Ehh... I think it's more than Beltran hasn't had enough opportunities than anything, though. Randolph loves running, I think Beltran will get his.
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pedantic » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:35 am

RynMan wrote:
brandnew wrote:How do you know they didn't pay him not to run? It's possible I guess... you don't want your best hitter to get hurt stealing a bag. If he goes down, so does the season...

They paid for a 5 tool player. I think they will let him run. He is one of the best basestealers in history.

Just because a player is a five-tool player doesn't mean he has to steal 20+. Steals aren't as productive as homers anyway.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:50 am

Pedantic wrote:Just because a player is a five-tool player doesn't mean he has to steal 20+.

True.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby intense » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:05 am

I already hit the panic button on Beltran... Owners in my league were begging for him so I finally let him go in this big trade.

My
Beltran/Lyon/El Duque/Chavez

His
Prior/K-Rod/Carlos Lee/Aramis Ramierez...

I just dont like Beltran in that mets lineup.
intense
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:29 am

It all depends on if the other guy is willing to overpay. I'm with Amazinz that this is probalby not a good time to try and deal him, and if you can, waiting for him to heat up will pay off huge in terms of the players you get in return.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby nmarq8 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:50 am

RynMan wrote:Tell me what you think of this trade, of course im getting the better side but if he wants Beltran badly enough, you think he'd do it?

I give:
Beltran+Feliz+Giambi+Blake (or C. Floyd)+P.Byrd
I get:
Thome+M.Young+Hallday+Marquis

I really struggle on deals with different guys are different positions. So am I delusional?

i assume you're playing feliz at SS and Giambi at 1st, in which case young and thome would be great improvements. thome's been slow this year, some say it's his back, i think that's b.s. and he's fine, he's just in a bit of a slump. i'm also high on halladay having a great season, and marquis will get you W's being on the cards. giving up blake and byrd aren't very significant losses at all. and i don't like beltran in that mets lineup either, so i'd go for it. i'd also give up blake before floyd. also, i don't know who else can steal on your team, but i still think beltran's good for 25 maybe 30.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers