kaz should be on the bench :-t
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DK » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:11 pm

RynMan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:To be honest, I am not too disappointed in Carlos so far. He is at least hitting for a decent average. He would really benefit if Reyes and Matsui would get their acts together so he could drive in some runs. I personally think by the end of the year the lineup will have Wright hitting in the 2nd spot, which would help Carlos.

The main thing I'm worried about is not his power, but the fact that the Mets aren't running. I think this is something that will change...I don't really know why...that's just what I think. If they keep losing games, I would think they will need to do something to generate runs. Stealing bases would be the first thing that comes to mind.

I think Reyes and Matsui in the 1 and 2 holes is terrible. Reyes never walks.

Literally. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/7066
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:28 pm

DK wrote:
RynMan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:To be honest, I am not too disappointed in Carlos so far. He is at least hitting for a decent average. He would really benefit if Reyes and Matsui would get their acts together so he could drive in some runs. I personally think by the end of the year the lineup will have Wright hitting in the 2nd spot, which would help Carlos.

The main thing I'm worried about is not his power, but the fact that the Mets aren't running. I think this is something that will change...I don't really know why...that's just what I think. If they keep losing games, I would think they will need to do something to generate runs. Stealing bases would be the first thing that comes to mind.

I think Reyes and Matsui in the 1 and 2 holes is terrible. Reyes never walks.

Literally. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/7066

Yeah, at least he doesnt get cheated. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DK » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:32 pm

RynMan wrote:Yeah, at least he doesnt get cheated. :-D

I swear, I'm about to start a "When Will Reyes Walk To First?" thread. I get the feeling I'm watching Mets games nowadays just waiting for that fourth ball on No. 7.
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:36 pm

Beltran had 16 SBs just in August last year. So 40 SBs isn't a pipe dream. They'll come. If it's roto I'd just be patient. In H2H it's definitely a bitch and one reason I tend to devalue speedsters in H2H. I don't think it's rash to consider trading Beltran but this is probably not the best time to do it. If you're determined to move him I'd wait for him to put a few games together where he steals bases and try to deal then.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RynMan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:39 pm

Amazinz wrote:Beltran had 16 SBs just in August last year. So 40 SBs isn't a pipe dream. They'll come. If it's roto I'd just be patient. In H2H it's definitely a bitch and one reason I tend to devalue speedsters in H2H. I don't think it's rash to consider trading Beltran but this is probably not the best time to do it. If you're determined to move him I'd wait for him to put a few games together where he steals bases and try to deal then.

Yeah, very nice point about H2H Amazinz. Makes me wonder if it is such a crazy idea to trade him in my H2H league after all. The guy seems to want to overpay. :-?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby agchris02 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:44 pm

Ive been TRYING to accquire beltran as fast I can right now, a lot of people are trading him at a 30/30 level with low RBI totals, if you can get him at that value, by all means do it --- its not like he's going to perform UNDER that level
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby great gretzky » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:49 pm

man, I always end up with him it seems. I am not gonna go break it down, but every year I have the sb quandry with him and get to the point of perhaps moving him. I am figuring on 30. It really would only take two months of 8 and a month like his august last year. In a six month long season, you gotta be patient. they didn't pay him not to run.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby nmarq8 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:31 pm

RynMan wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Beltran had 16 SBs just in August last year. So 40 SBs isn't a pipe dream. They'll come. If it's roto I'd just be patient. In H2H it's definitely a bitch and one reason I tend to devalue speedsters in H2H. I don't think it's rash to consider trading Beltran but this is probably not the best time to do it. If you're determined to move him I'd wait for him to put a few games together where he steals bases and try to deal then.

Yeah, very nice point about H2H Amazinz. Makes me wonder if it is such a crazy idea to trade him in my H2H league after all. The guy seems to want to overpay. :-?

i agree, i was waiting for amazinz to bring an optimistic point of view to this topic. as for rynman, i'm interested to hear what you were offered for beltran.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
nmarq8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jskidder » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:00 am

i hope he turns it up a notch since i traded arod for him and ollie a week ago. with the way arod is playing right now i am starting to regret it...
jskidder
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers