Beltran? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran?

Postby BuckeyeSal » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:02 pm

For the experts here: Is it too rash to try and trade Beltran at this point while he's still considered a top 5 pick? It looks like 40 SB's might be a pipe dream this year with how they're running him . An outfieldrt that hits .280 with 30Hrs and 20 SBs is good but not a top 5 pick. Any thoughts?
BuckeyeSal
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltran?

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:07 pm

BuckeyeSal wrote:For the experts here: Is it too rash to try and trade Beltran at this point while he's still considered a top 5 pick? It looks like 40 SB's might be a pipe dream this year with how they're running him . An outfieldrt that hits .280 with 30Hrs and 20 SBs is good but not a top 5 pick. Any thoughts?

I'd deal him, and this is coming from a huge Mets fan, but he is not going to go 40/40 in Shea stadium like many people hoped. The best you could hope for is 30/30, which is great, but not a top 5 pick. Sell him now, while his value is still through the roof.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Re: Beltran?

Postby RynMan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:11 pm

BuckeyeSal wrote:For the experts here: Is it too rash to try and trade Beltran at this point while he's still considered a top 5 pick? It looks like 40 SB's might be a pipe dream this year with how they're running him . An outfieldrt that hits .280 with 30Hrs and 20 SBs is good but not a top 5 pick. Any thoughts?

Good question and Im wondering the same thing.
Does anyone know where to find out his April stats throughout his career?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby NZF » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:21 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6 ... pe=Batting

I believe if Beltran doesn't get at least 25 stolen bases, LBJ is giving fantasy baseball away.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:33 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6 ... pe=Batting

I believe if Beltran doesn't get at least 25 stolen bases, LBJ is giving fantasy baseball away.

Between that and Loaiza, maybe he should :-°

A joke of course jackal
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby RynMan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:37 pm

Man, Loiaza looks pretty damn good today. :-o
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby NZF » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:41 pm

Either that or the Phillies are just that bad ;-)
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:43 pm

To be honest, I am not too disappointed in Carlos so far. He is at least hitting for a decent average. He would really benefit if Reyes and Matsui would get their acts together so he could drive in some runs. I personally think by the end of the year the lineup will have Wright hitting in the 2nd spot, which would help Carlos.

The main thing I'm worried about is not his power, but the fact that the Mets aren't running. I think this is something that will change...I don't really know why...that's just what I think. If they keep losing games, I would think they will need to do something to generate runs. Stealing bases would be the first thing that comes to mind.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:56 pm

slomo007 wrote:To be honest, I am not too disappointed in Carlos so far. He is at least hitting for a decent average. He would really benefit if Reyes and Matsui would get their acts together so he could drive in some runs. I personally think by the end of the year the lineup will have Wright hitting in the 2nd spot, which would help Carlos.

The main thing I'm worried about is not his power, but the fact that the Mets aren't running. I think this is something that will change...I don't really know why...that's just what I think. If they keep losing games, I would think they will need to do something to generate runs. Stealing bases would be the first thing that comes to mind.

I think Reyes and Matsui in the 1 and 2 holes is terrible. Reyes never walks.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:57 pm

RynMan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:To be honest, I am not too disappointed in Carlos so far. He is at least hitting for a decent average. He would really benefit if Reyes and Matsui would get their acts together so he could drive in some runs. I personally think by the end of the year the lineup will have Wright hitting in the 2nd spot, which would help Carlos.

I think Reyes and Matsui in the 1 and 2 holes is terrible. Reyes never walks.

Yes, it is terrible. Honestly I could tolerate Reyes leading off. But following Reyes with Matsui is like following diarrhea with a toilet paper shortage.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers