Who will have the better year leiter or westbrook? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who will have the better year leiter or westbrook?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who will have the better year leiter or westbrook?

Postby wavetide007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:25 pm

Who should I hold on to Al Leiter or Jake Westbrook?

leiter had a rough start last time but he'll probably get back to his average... + he's on a better team than westbrook... but westbrook has a lot of upside to him


so who wins?
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 636
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:26 pm

Westbrook...Leiter's WHIP is pretty bad. The Indians' actually have a good offense, but they haven't been clicking yet.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5440
Joined: 27 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The empty seat next to the Tampa Bay heckler

Postby Pedantic » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:34 pm

Err...neither? Seriously, though, I think Westbrook will be the "better" pitcher, depending on your definition of better. :-b After the way Leiter pitched last year though, I don't think his suckage should be surprising.
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby mcmahojl » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:48 pm

Pedantic wrote:Err...neither? Seriously, though, I think Westbrook will be the "better" pitcher, depending on your definition of better. :-b After the way Leiter pitched last year though, I don't think his suckage should be surprising.


Whoa there. Check out this post that I wrote a few days ago:

Jake Westbrook has pitched three very good games, but with nothing to show for them. If you take out the terrible outing he had against Detroit, his numbers look like this:

ERA = 1.50
WHIP= 0.75

0 and 3 record.

1 HR allowed. Very impressive, but the damn Indians cannot get their bats going. Of the starting nine, only Alex Cora is batting over .280, and he is hitting .281. The starting nine have a batting average of .228. This is atrocious.

I dont know if I am preaching to the choir here, but I am very frustrated and had to get this out.


Westbrook is good. Very good. It is the Indians that are pulling him down now...and comparing him to Lieter is silly. Leiter is on a one year deal to teach those kids the inards of the game, not to win 16 games.

Leiter is not a good fantasy option...Westbrook is.
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 458
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Right Field

Postby rlee » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:54 pm

Keep Westbrook and don't even give it a second thought. I felt Leiter should have retired after last year.
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1475
Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cordova, TN

Postby quicksilver8 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:29 pm

Westbrook....Leiter is done. Poor whip and era won't be low like last year... ;-D
Official Member of the Andruw Jones hosed me fan club
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 454
Joined: 7 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Nebuchadnezzar

Re: Who will have the better year leiter or westbrook?

Postby wavetide007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:59 pm

wavetide007 wrote:Who should I hold on to Al Leiter or Jake Westbrook?

leiter had a rough start last time but he'll probably get back to his average... + he's on a better team than westbrook... but westbrook has a lot of upside to him


so who wins?


OK...


has anyone changed their freakin opinions after westbrooks 34.71 ERA today?????


I STARTED HIM TOO! ARRRRGHHHHHHH
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 636
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedantic » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:09 pm

mcmahojl wrote:
Pedantic wrote:Err...neither? Seriously, though, I think Westbrook will be the "better" pitcher, depending on your definition of better. :-b After the way Leiter pitched last year though, I don't think his suckage should be surprising.


Whoa there. Check out this post that I wrote a few days ago:

Jake Westbrook has pitched three very good games, but with nothing to show for them. If you take out the terrible outing he had against Detroit, his numbers look like this:

ERA = 1.50
WHIP= 0.75

0 and 3 record.

1 HR allowed. Very impressive, but the damn Indians cannot get their bats going. Of the starting nine, only Alex Cora is batting over .280, and he is hitting .281. The starting nine have a batting average of .228. This is atrocious.

I dont know if I am preaching to the choir here, but I am very frustrated and had to get this out.


Westbrook is good. Very good. It is the Indians that are pulling him down now...and comparing him to Lieter is silly. Leiter is on a one year deal to teach those kids the inards of the game, not to win 16 games.

Leiter is not a good fantasy option...Westbrook is.


Care to change your opinion? :-]
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby wavetide007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:19 pm

hi my name is jake westbrook


if i suck against a team and face them the 2nd time around, i don't study any of the tapes i just go out there and suck more because i am intimidated and will never be a good pitcher


thank you for reading

sincerely,
jake westbrook



*not written by jake westbrook
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 636
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcmahojl » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:36 pm

Pedantic wrote:
mcmahojl wrote:
Pedantic wrote:Err...neither? Seriously, though, I think Westbrook will be the "better" pitcher, depending on your definition of better. :-b After the way Leiter pitched last year though, I don't think his suckage should be surprising.


Whoa there. Check out this post that I wrote a few days ago:

Jake Westbrook has pitched three very good games, but with nothing to show for them. If you take out the terrible outing he had against Detroit, his numbers look like this:

ERA = 1.50
WHIP= 0.75

0 and 3 record.

1 HR allowed. Very impressive, but the damn Indians cannot get their bats going. Of the starting nine, only Alex Cora is batting over .280, and he is hitting .281. The starting nine have a batting average of .228. This is atrocious.

I dont know if I am preaching to the choir here, but I am very frustrated and had to get this out.


Westbrook is good. Very good. It is the Indians that are pulling him down now...and comparing him to Lieter is silly. Leiter is on a one year deal to teach those kids the inards of the game, not to win 16 games.

Leiter is not a good fantasy option...Westbrook is.


Care to change your opinion? :-]


Im not changing anything. Westbrook is a piece of crap against the pesky Tigers.
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 458
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Right Field


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 23
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(1:07 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(1:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(1:35 pm)
Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(4:05 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:25 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(9:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact