Does Piazza always look this depressed? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Piazza always look this depressed?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: BronxBombers51

Postby Amazinz » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:41 pm

ZAZ wrote:You can change a few names and other things around in this argument and come up with exactly the same things Met fans have been saying about taking over the Yankees in this town since the Mets first started in the 1960s. You can see in their words how incredibly mad and frustrated they all are that NYC will always be a Yankee town and they are destined to be second class citizens for life.

How old are you? Obviously not old enough because there was a long stretch of time that the Yankees were an afterthought in NY. I guess it's easy to have a convenient memory because of the Yankees recent success.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:42 pm

Relax guys.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby tomkatt » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:16 am

Really, take it easy fellas. The Mets AND Yankees suck!! :-B

I KEED, I KEED
tomkatt
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ZAZ » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:28 am

Amazinz wrote:
ZAZ wrote:You can change a few names and other things around in this argument and come up with exactly the same things Met fans have been saying about taking over the Yankees in this town since the Mets first started in the 1960s. You can see in their words how incredibly mad and frustrated they all are that NYC will always be a Yankee town and they are destined to be second class citizens for life.

How old are you? Obviously not old enough because there was a long stretch of time that the Yankees were an afterthought in NY. I guess it's easy to have a convenient memory because of the Yankees recent success.

I am 12 years old and can only remember back to the year of my birth with Bonnilla and Cone not coming through for the Mets. Please tell me about the glory years when the Mets got more attention, fans, ratings, and press (not including drugs, domestic abuse, tax evasion news) than the Yankee. Let me guess it was 1986! or was it 1969? I guess you've found me out with having those two years as evidence. Sorry for my incredibly ridiculous post in saying that the Yankees are more popular in NYC than the Mets. I am a complete fool.
ZAZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby 86 mets 4 life » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:06 am

Good you can take all the front runners. That's all Yankee Stadium is, full of soft corporzate fans. More popular in NYC, great, walk down a street in Manhattan and I bet over half of the people wearing Yankees gear wont know who plays Right field for them. Yankee fans are primarily bandwagon fans. Prime example: Suzyn Waldman ahahahahahahahah
86 Mets. Dykstra, Straw, Doc, Mitchell, Backman, Knight, Keith, Carter, Mookie... most hardcore group ever assembled.
86 mets 4 life
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ZAZ » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:26 am

I'm not saying that being more popular is a good or bad thing, just that I think it's true that the Yankees have been more popular in NYC than the Mets ever since the Mets started, and that bugs the crap out of many Met fans. The other Met fan who posted seemed to think I was a dumb kid for thinking this. You are right that the Yankees get band wagon fans, ect. However, band wagon fans and large popularity is a residual effect of being successful. Oh, that the Mets could only have that probem. I wouldn't want to wish it on you though.
ZAZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:38 am

ZAZ wrote:
Amazinz wrote:

I am 12 years old and can only remember back to the year of my birth with Bonnilla and Cone not coming through for the Mets. Please tell me about the glory years when the Mets got more attention, fans, ratings, and press (not including drugs, domestic abuse, tax evasion news) than the Yankee. Let me guess it was 1986! or was it 1969? I guess you've found me out with having those two years as evidence. Sorry for my incredibly ridiculous post in saying that the Yankees are more popular in NYC than the Mets. I am a complete fool.

Through the entire 1980s and a good portion of the 1970s the Mets outsold and "out-revenued" the Yankees. Remember that NY is a National League town, always will be. So the Mets have an inherent advantage.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ZAZ » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:47 am

While I agree that the Yankees had some tough years in the 60s, early 70s, late 80s, I am surprised to learn that the Mets out revenued the Yankees many a year, and that NYC is a NL town (so much so that two NL teams decided to pick up and leave this NL town). But, I guess if Amazing puts it in print in this forum, it must be true. So, point taken. Thanks for the education. NYC is dominated by the Mets, not Yankees for many reasons, not the least of which is that NYC loves their NL teams (who leave).
ZAZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:01 pm

You're welcome, Zaz. I wonder if Billy Crystal still has his Mets hat in storage. He'll be needing it soon... }:-)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby d18Mike » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:36 pm

Back to Topic ...

You'd look depressed to if you were married to Alicia Rickter and had to spend the better part of 7 months on the road.
d18Mike
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers