Does Piazza always look this depressed? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Does Piazza always look this depressed?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: BronxBombers51

Postby wavetide007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:19 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
wavetide007 wrote:GUYS TAKE YOUR BLABBER ELSEWHERE

DO NOT STRAY OFF THE TOPIC

WHICH IS

DOES MIKE PIAZZA ALWAYS LOOK THIS DEPRESSED?

First of all, who cares?

Second of all, we were talking about it. I brought up the idea that the Mets suck year after year. Maybe that's why he's depressed.

what if he is depressed... maybe he has some crazy ideas in his head.. maybe he should get some help and not be subject to such useless arguments in a post all about whether or not he always looks this depressed... WHAT ABOUT THAT?!?!?!
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:21 pm

What is useless about the argument? He's old, he's not even a top 5 catcher in the league anymore, his team sucks and he's been accused of being gay.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 58)

Postby wavetide007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:23 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:What is useless about the argument? He's old, he's not even a top 5 catcher in the league anymore, his team sucks and he's been accused of being gay.

AND YOU WONDER WHY HE LOOKS SO SAD WITH THE DEEPNESS OF SORROW IN HIS EYES
wavetide007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:27 pm

wavetide007 wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:What is useless about the argument? He's old, he's not even a top 5 catcher in the league anymore, his team sucks and he's been accused of being gay.

AND YOU WONDER WHY HE LOOKS SO SAD WITH THE DEEPNESS OF SORROW IN HIS EYES

Dude, don't smoke and post at the same time. :-b
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Viper8437 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:33 pm

wait
so
the mets sucked in the past, so they will always suck

by this reasoning, barry zito is an all-star pitcher
EVERYONE GO PICK HIM UP! :-D
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:48 pm

Viper8437 wrote:wait
so
the mets sucked in the past, so they will always suck

by this reasoning, barry zito is an all-star pitcher
EVERYONE GO PICK HIM UP! :-D

I don't think I said that.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby quicksilver8 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:52 pm

Wavetide...every post I read from you is pointless and normally without merit or containing nary a well thought out arguement...
You have 150+ posts already and you just joined a week ago? Take your time, do some research, present a well balanced topic and argue it...or at least contribute constructively.

That's my two cents... :-)
Official Member of the Andruw Jones hosed me fan club
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby 86 mets 4 life » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:53 pm

Old? You want to talk old all you have to do is look around your roster. RJ will break down with the bad back/knee/eblow Sheffield Bernie Mussina Brown or the drug cheat GIAMBI. The five of those players are just as old if not older and combined they make about 70 million a year. Pathetic. Piazza's team sucks? Last time I ckecked they have abetter record than the Yankees who are sittin down at the bottom of the division with the DEVIL RAYS. Accused of being gay? Last time I looked he married a playmate about two months ago. You want to look for gay players look no further than your own team..... GAYROD that pansy.... (SEE A-Rod carrying purse thread)

And once again 200 MILLION DOLLAR PAYROLL AND YOU HAVENT WON IN 5 YEARS! PATHETIC! And let me guess, I bet youre one of the "Long time die hard Yankee fans... since '96" aahahahaha Keep trying to buy the World Series... it aint workin
86 Mets. Dykstra, Straw, Doc, Mitchell, Backman, Knight, Keith, Carter, Mookie... most hardcore group ever assembled.
86 mets 4 life
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:13 pm

Alright man, normally I'd rip the crap out of someone who posted something like this, but since you only have 40 posts, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Normally, when you reply to someone's post on these boards, you should actually READ the post you're replying to. Every part of your post has something wrong with it. Here, let me show you.

86 mets 4 life wrote:Old? You want to talk old all you have to do is look around your roster. RJ will break down with the bad back/knee/eblow Sheffield Bernie Mussina Brown or the drug cheat GIAMBI. The five of those players are just as old if not older and combined they make about 70 million a year.

I wasn't putting Piazza down by calling him old. I was simply stating a fact. He is very old for a catcher. That's not opinion, it's fact. His stats have been declining every year, and he's more and more injury prone. I never said the Yankees were a young team, or that I was calling him old as a putdown. Read the argument.

Pathetic. Piazza's team sucks? Last time I ckecked they have abetter record than the Yankees who are sittin down at the bottom of the division with the DEVIL RAYS.

Thanks for proving my point. Look at the whole argument before you blindly write things. The Mets have been a bad team for the past 4 years. They start off well, and sink to the bottom.

Basing the teams on 20 games is not only extremely flawed, it's downright idiotic. The Mets have been bad over the past few years. There's no disputing that. That was my point. The team has been horrible, maybe that's why he's depressed.

Accused of being gay? Last time I looked he married a playmate about two months ago. You want to look for gay players look no further than your own team..... GAYROD that pansy.... (SEE A-Rod carrying purse thread)

Did I call Piazza gay? I mean, I read my post 15 times and I never saw the sentence where I called him gay. Hmmm....

Piazza was accused of being called gay a few years ago. That statement was more or less of a joke in response to wavetide, but you obvisouly didn't take it as one. I never called Piazza gay. Please learn how to read the entire post before you go off in a fit of idiotic rage.

And in case you didn't know, A-Rod also is married to a knockout and has a child. And calling people gay is looked down upon for the most part, especially if you're serious, which you obviously are. It's one thing if you're joking around but to blatantly say stupid things like you did, you need to watch yourself.

And once again 200 MILLION DOLLAR PAYROLL AND YOU HAVENT WON IN 5 YEARS! PATHETIC! And let me guess, I bet youre one of the "Long time die hard Yankee fans... since '96" aahahahaha Keep trying to buy the World Series... it aint workin

Hahaha. Typical argument from a disgruntled Mets fan. You have been among the top payrolls over the last 5 years and couldn't get any better than 4th place. The Yankees may not win the World Series, but they are always in the playoffs and are always the team to beat.

5 years, that's a long time to not win a World Series.... I mean that's like forever. I can't imagine how you must deal with the fact the Mets haven't won in 19 years despite spending alot of money.

I live in New York and suffered through the Yankees teams in the 1980s. It's not your place to start labeling members of the Cafe that you don't know. You obviously haven't been around long and you need to learn some of the do's and don't's. Mostly, read the entire argument before you respond.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby DK » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:30 pm

Cool your horses, guys. There's plenty of New York for everyone. :-)

Isn't Piazza married to that model?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers