what's Linebrink's deal? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what's Linebrink's deal?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what's Linebrink's deal?

Postby Cooner » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:16 pm

I'm rather disappointed in the performace of Scott Linebrink so far- any thoughts on what's going on? I know it's still early, but he's pitched over 10 innings, actually LOWERING his BAA from last year by .030 to a ridiculous .188, yet increasing his WHIP by .45 to 1.50. Of course the only way this is possible is that he's walking a lot of guys- in fact more BB than Ks (as opposed to a better than 3 K/BB last year).

So he seems to be lacking control? Is this something he plans on fixing...?
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby perlick29 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:19 pm

I wouldn't be too worried. As you said it's early. SOme regression from him is not out of the ordinary for a whole season but still. You have him on your team for a good reason. He'll be fine just ride it out or bench him until he shows his improvement. The same things can be said for Otsuka, but you can't cut these guys especially if you are in a deep league. Hope that helps. :-)
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cooner » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:28 pm

perlick29 wrote:I wouldn't be too worried. As you said it's early. SOme regression from him is not out of the ordinary for a whole season but still. You have him on your team for a good reason. He'll be fine just ride it out or bench him until he shows his improvement. The same things can be said for Otsuka, but you can't cut these guys especially if you are in a deep league. Hope that helps. :-)

Oh, it's a 12 teamer that counts holds, and had one team take closers with 7 of his first 8 picks, so many of the good MRs are gone (many are on my team actually)- I'm stuck with him. I was just wondering if it's a mechanics thing, or a mental thing, or a "just not hitting the corners" thing. As an East coaster I rarely get to follow SD games...
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:42 pm

As a guy with Mlbtv who owns 4 padres I do watch the games often. It isn't mechanics it's a combo of early season rust and bad luck.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby quicksilver8 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:52 pm

Perlick, is that what is wrong with Otsuka too? Otsuka was lights out last year, but now it is the same old story: 1ip, 2 baserunners...and sometimes the dreaded ER.
Official Member of the Andruw Jones hosed me fan club
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Cooner » Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:21 pm

perlick29 wrote:As a guy with Mlbtv who owns 4 padres I do watch the games often. It isn't mechanics it's a combo of early season rust and bad luck.

that's what i hoped to hear, muchas gracias ;-D
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby perlick29 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:31 pm

quicksilver8 wrote:Perlick, is that what is wrong with Otsuka too? Otsuka was lights out last year, but now it is the same old story: 1ip, 2 baserunners...and sometimes the dreaded ER.

I'm slightly concered about Akinori, mostly because I own him. But also I'm hoping that American hitters haven't figured him out like they tend too, as I havent seen much wrong with his command just also a lot of balls hit well. He'll turn it around though.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers