Best "sell high" guy in the game right now might be... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best "sell high" guy in the game right now might be...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mcmahojl » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:48 am

Clint Barmes. Very high trade value...for now.
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:49 am

TheHat is right ;-D . The value of Graves will not be any higher than it is right now. If I owned him, I'd be trying to move him before he completely implodes and loses the job.

Not to mention with so many closers going down, selling based on name recognition (he did save 41 games last year) isn't a real problem right now.

As to everyone being worried about Lyon, I see no reason to worry. He's done the job so far without any real worries, and his only other time as a closer (with Boston) he did the job with no worries. Went 9 for 9 and only blew #10 because he was told that he was no longer going to be the closer. I've got him in 4 leagues and I couldn't be happier about it. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Darkie Satchels » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:20 am

He fell off the mound. Nuff' said. :-D

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rich101682 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:33 am

Mercer Boy wrote:I'm sorry, but I would not trade someone to get Graves no matter if he had 50 saves already.

I dunno...I'd think about it...

;-D
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:40 am

Unless he starts blowing saves, he won't be losing his job, no matter how well Wagner is pitching. Baseball managers do not care about the numbers we care about, they care about the final result. And if he is ending games with the Reds on top, there is no reason for them to make the change. And as has been stated, anybody that plays the game of fantasy baseball will know the exact same things that you do about Graves. It's hard to sell other players on a one category stat, unless they can absorb all of the other problems with him. Most people you play with are not idiots. They will know that the points they gain in saves, if any, will be lost from the WHIP and ERA. They're certainly not going to give anything great for that.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:45 am

Agreed, Graves' job is safe for the time being. And don't forget...Wagner is still basically a rookie as he spent some time in AAA last year after he didn't perform well. I highly doubt they just hand in the job anytime soon...that could crush his confidence if he doesn't do well.

He might be traded at some point, but that's only if the Reds fall out of it...and I don't really see them falling out completely this year. Maybe more towards the end of the year, but by that time the trade deadline could pass. I think they'll end up better than the Cubs, Brewers and Pirates....competing with the Astros and Cards.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby coachdino » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:45 am

Let's get back on topic....I think the best sell high candidates are Roberts, Willis and Lane. They are all good players, but they could be over valued :-?
coachdino
College Coach
College Coach

Postby black_hawk8888 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:58 am

You might throw Derrek Lee and Jeff Kent in there too. They are legit stars but right now they are tearing the cover off of the ball and might bring more than they are actually worth. Both should end up with a .275 average and around 30 HRs but right now they are like .350 and .400. I just traded Lee and Finley for Ortiz and Andruw Jones ;-D
black_hawk8888
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jester » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:32 pm

Definitly Lee, possibly Burrell (if he comes back today), E. Alfonzo, B. Roberts, and any shortstop to the guy in your league that drafted Nomar!!!
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Jester
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby great gretzky » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:50 pm

problem is with roberts, you built your team with his steals in mind. he'll still get those, and everyone counted on much more modest power and avg. no point to trade him, you just take his stats.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers