Brad Halsey the next Chacin/Patterson? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brad Halsey the next Chacin/Patterson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brad Halsey the next Chacin/Patterson?

Postby futanto » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:19 am

Pretty good numbers this year so far and very young. Can he keep it up this year?
futanto
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikegp » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:38 am

Nope...his stuff isn't very good. He doesn't have a strikeout or dominating pitch. So far he's been lucky. He will start to get hard soon.
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Brad Halsey the next Chacin/Patterson?

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:38 am

futanto wrote:Pretty good numbers this year so far and very young. Can he keep it up this year?

I just picked him up in my NL only, so i'll be watching his next start very closely.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby thehat » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:45 am

Marginal prospect without a legit out pitch. A spot #5 fantasy SP, he's got a little value in really deep outfits but that's about it.

Pretty much like Chacin, who will blow up before long. This I believe you can bank on.

Patterson, though, has the type of stuff that can make him very viable and he seems to have finally figured it out.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby WharfRat » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:17 am

thehat wrote:Marginal prospect without a legit out pitch. A spot #5 fantasy SP, he's got a little value in really deep outfits but that's about it.

Pretty much like Chacin, who will blow up before long. This I believe you can bank on.

Patterson, though, has the type of stuff that can make him very viable and he seems to have finally figured it out.

Well said. ;-D
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby baseballnewb » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:15 am

None of those 3 will keep it up this year, ride them while they are hot, dump them when they put up 2 bad starts in a row.
baseballnewb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby oukurt » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:48 am

I agree with Patterson being solid. People may regreet not giving him a look. Glad I took a shot on him, regardless of the final outcome. He sure helped get me off to a nice start with pitching.
oukurt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby xeifrank » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:56 am

Halsey looked pretty good against the Dodgers tonight, but didn't get the win. Probably isn't going to get you enough strike outs to be a big fantasy pitcher, but he has an amazingly low walk ratio. The guy has amazing control, and tends to get his success by getting ahead in the count then nibbling away at the corner of the plate or getting players to swing at bad pitches. Seems to always try to pitch down in the strike zone, which is a good thing when you don't have an overpowering fastball. Should put up decent whip and era numbers, and Arizona is pretty hot so could get a fair amount of wins. He might be worth rostering, but isn't going to make a big impact fantasy wise imho.

vr

Xei
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers