Who closes for Izzy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who closes for Izzy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:01 am

is this another one of those "does anyone want to give me someone useful off their roster for this dude i picked up before you did" kind of deals? :-b
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:03 am

George_Foreman wrote:is this another one of those "does anyone want to give me someone useful off their roster for this dude i picked up before you did" kind of deals? :-b

Sounds like it to me....not that there's anything wrong with that. O:-)

In a 14 team league, you have to pull all the stunts.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:03 am

Hey, bottom line is that he has him and you don't. Don't be bitter, adjust.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ramble2 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:04 am

Just in case anyone is debating between Flores and Tavarez, keep in mind that Tavarez was unavailable in the 9th as Isringhausen relieved him.

Let's hope you get Tavarez and he steps in as closer so that you can make fun of whoever picks up Flores in your league.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 7)

Postby ravenmad22 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:04 am

KolbSaves wrote:Hey, bottom line is that he has him and you don't. Don't be bitter, adjust.

Kolb doesn't save. Pick up Tavarez and Reitsma.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:04 am

slomo007 wrote:
bd3521 wrote:Did the injury thread just disappear or am i blind?

It was moved in to the Game Commentary forum. I don't agree with the move though, considering it's extremely fantasy relevant. Now there's this thread though, so I guess that's all that matters.

Well, we do have a player updates and injury forum, and a live game forum, I'd say there's plenty of relevant places to talk about a player's injury that currently happened other than the Leftovers forum, wouldn't you? ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:05 am

slomo007 wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:is this another one of those "does anyone want to give me someone useful off their roster for this dude i picked up before you did" kind of deals? :-b

Sounds like it to me....not that there's anything wrong with that. O:-)

In a 14 team league, you have to pull all the stunts.

yep. that's what makes 'em so fun. :-D
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ramble2 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:07 am

ravenmad22 wrote:
KolbSaves wrote:Hey, bottom line is that he has him and you don't. Don't be bitter, adjust.

Kolb doesn't save. Pick up Tavarez and Reitsma.

I picked up Reitsma tonight too. Same thing as with Tavarez and Flores - Reitsma had already pitched by the time Kolb needed to be rescued.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 7)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:07 am

Madison wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

It was moved in to the Game Commentary forum. I don't agree with the move though, considering it's extremely fantasy relevant. Now there's this thread though, so I guess that's all that matters.

Well, we do have a player updates and injury forum, and a live game forum, I'd say there's plenty of relevant places to talk about a player's injury that currently happened other than the Leftovers forum, wouldn't you? ;-)

I realize that Mad....but then again, you can't deny that this is by FAR the most widely checked forum. And when something as significant as this comes up, I don't see a problem having a thread in here telling us about it. I know where you're coming from, but this is one where the rules should be bent IMO. Not very often does a stud closer go down to injury, so it's just one thread per couple months. Why is this any different than the Nomar thread that stuck around here for a while?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:15 am

slomo007 wrote:
Madison wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

I realize that Mad....but then again, you can't deny that this is by FAR the most widely checked forum. And when something as significant as this comes up, I don't see a problem having a thread in here telling us about it. I know where you're coming from, but this is one where the rules should be bent IMO. Not very often does a stud closer go down to injury, so it's just one thread per couple months. Why is this any different than the Nomar thread that stuck around here for a while?

It doesn't matter which forum is the most checked, things go where they belong. If everyone would start using the forums the way they are laid out to be used, then there wouldn't be a "most popular" forum. They would all be important and it would make the site a whole lot easier to navigate.

Posting 15 threads in the wrong forum about the same exact topic will do nothing but make things bad for everyone. Notice the HammyLock that's been happening? I could have done that to every thread about Izzy, but instead, I moved them just like I moved all the Nomar threads. ;-) You just didn't see the Nomar ones as they came out. B-)

Life would be so much easier for everyone, if everyone simply read the forum descriptions and posted accordingly. :-°
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers