John Patterson... is this kid for real? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

John Patterson... is this kid for real?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby morfheas » Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:21 am

I said it before and I will say it again!!!

Hes the real thing!!!

Those BBs are decieving considering that three of them were intentional walks. So he is pitching very very well.
morfheas
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 96
Joined: 22 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Drunken Rhino » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:09 am

He won't be able to carry a pitching staff no, but he is a very solid #4-#5 option on a staff. He should put up comparable numbers to guys like Myers & Cl. Lee IMO.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1473
Joined: 14 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:21 am

morfheas wrote:I said it before and I will say it again!!!

Hes the real thing!!!

Those BBs are decieving considering that three of them were intentional walks. So he is pitching very very well.


Thanks for that information, I didn't get to watch the game and didn't realize that. That makes me feel MUCH better. He IS for real. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:36 am

slomo007 wrote:
morfheas wrote:I said it before and I will say it again!!!

Hes the real thing!!!

Those BBs are decieving considering that three of them were intentional walks. So he is pitching very very well.


Thanks for that information, I didn't get to watch the game and didn't realize that. That makes me feel MUCH better. He IS for real. ;-D



not to mention that the strike zone in last nights game was tiny. lieber is a 50/50 guy on first pitch strikes to balls. the first 5 batters he faced his first pitch was a ball every time. nost of them looked to be strikes. patterson stared down the ump a couple times and so did some of the hitters as well. his bigest ball pitch seemed to be his fastball which was rising on him last night (nice pitch though when people swung . struck out utley on three 3 straight) and his breaking ball (which was nasty when it was over the plate) . it was down and inside sometimes against leafties (abreau and thome got a couple of those pitches). i watched him till he left and he pitchede well enough after the first for myself to be comfortable to start him till he gets blwn up a few starts in a row.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2810
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: newark,delaware

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:42 am

logan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
morfheas wrote:I said it before and I will say it again!!!

Hes the real thing!!!

Those BBs are decieving considering that three of them were intentional walks. So he is pitching very very well.


Thanks for that information, I didn't get to watch the game and didn't realize that. That makes me feel MUCH better. He IS for real. ;-D



not to mention that the strike zone in last nights game was tiny. lieber is a 50/50 guy on first pitch strikes to balls. the first 5 batters he faced his first pitch was a ball every time. nost of them looked to be strikes. patterson stared down the ump a couple times and so did some of the hitters as well. his bigest ball pitch seemed to be his fastball which was rising on him last night (nice pitch though when people swung . struck out utley on three 3 straight) and his breaking ball (which was nasty when it was over the plate) . it was down and inside sometimes against leafties (abreau and thome got a couple of those pitches). i watched him till he left and he pitchede well enough after the first for myself to be comfortable to start him till he gets blwn up a few starts in a row.


I watched his last start (vs Atlanta)...and he seemed to throw a 2 seam fastball or something simlar on the outside part of the plate to a LOT of hitters....it really reminded me of how Tim Hudson throws. I like that style of pitching because it's extremely hard to get ahold of a sinking fastball on the outside. Thanks for the info, good to hear his breaking ball was working well...I didn't notice it much last time. I do think he was using a slider in that game. :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby logan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:50 am

yeah he outed an inning of utley ,bell and lieber with the breaking ball. he got utley looking bell fanned HARD and well lieber just watched it as well. utley just stood there a second and just walked off. it made me laugh. he seemed to work alot of the plate and was up higha dn low so he had som e decent placement . some were off the plate and some werent that were called balls anyway. i htink thats first inning hiccup would have been averted had he gotten a call against thome that put him in the whole.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2810
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: newark,delaware

Postby slomo007 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:53 am

logan wrote:yeah he outed an inning of utley ,bell and lieber with the breaking ball. he got utley looking bell fanned HARD and well lieber just watched it as well. utley just stood there a second and just walked off. it made me laugh. he seemed to work alot of the plate and was up higha dn low so he had som e decent placement . some were off the plate and some werent that were called balls anyway. i htink thats first inning hiccup would have been averted had he gotten a call against thome that put him in the whole.


If he can stay healthy, he's going to be a tremendous pitcher this year. Let's just hope he stays healthy. Thanks for the info. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Jul. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact