Draft/Auction Software - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Draft/Auction Software

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Draft/Auction Software

Postby asalerno » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:57 pm

mlavwilson wrote:I am looking for the best draft software for baseball. I have looked at:

PC Drafter
Roto Lab
draftanalyzer
RotoWire

Any others that are worth looking at?

I use http://www.insiderbaseball.com,they have a neat Mock draft sim attached to their draft projections software.
Last edited by asalerno on Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asalerno
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mlavwilson » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:08 pm

asalerno wrote:
mlavwilson wrote:I am looking for the best draft software for baseball. I have looked at:

PC Drafter
Roto Lab
draftanalyzer
RotoWire

Any others that are worth looking at?

?
mlavwilson
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MikeBillsFan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:26 pm

MikeBillsFan wrote:
garf112 wrote:free.

http://www.myofficepool.ca/compiler/baseball_index.html

the projections weren't great last year as they were made by Canadians, but still.. it is free.

Ha! Nice one garf. I was just breezing through the Cafe taking a break from updating the Compiler/Buddy for '09 and came across this post. Yes, I am Canadian, but Rick (in charge of the projections) is from Georgia. I think there was a little too much Braves bias in his projections last year, but outside of that I think they were good - deep, detailed, not unreasonable expectations. I know he puts a ton of thought and work into them. At some point I hope we can get him to write player summaries to further explain his thinking on the projections. You might want to check out his blog, found here:

http://www.myofficepool.ca/blog/categor ... -baseball/

And by all means if you disagree with him, then let him know. He can take it :)

To give an update on this, the Cheatsheet Compiler Draft Buddy (Baseball '09) are now available. Still one half created by a Canadian, but still free too.
MikeBillsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby garf112 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:10 pm

it really is quite good.

I will be using it for our live draft for a second straight season as commish.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby spooneyluv » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Can anyone help me? My league is a rather unusual Auction Keeper League. We did our draft live last year, and it took almost 12 hours! I'm looking for auction software that will allow all 12 of the league members to log onto it and run the auction. I don't care about projections or the software helping me pick the right player, or comparing teams in the stat categories, I only want a software that will run the draft for us! ESPN's auction is not customizable at all. I need $360 starting payrolls per team, $0 minimum bids (not $1), and I need to be able to set each team's starting budget at a custom level due to keepers (so some teams start with less than $360). All the software I've found so far is either not customizable (ESPN) or is for a single drafter to help him with his picks, not to run the entire league's auction. Last year, my league almost bought fantasyauctioneer.com software, but we ended up not needing it because everyone showed up to the draft. But this year, fantasyauctioneer.com is not up (check it out) so I'm worried that I won't be able to use it. Can anyone give me advice on where to look? Or does anyone have info on what's up with fantasyauctioneer.com?

Thanks!
spooneyluv
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Matthias » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:15 pm

I know fantasyauctioneer brought themselves down last August when people were doing their football drafts and said they were going to re-tool. I assume that's what's still going on.... or maybe they've realized that since some of the major providers (ESPN, CBS) have built their own auction interface that they're no longer going to be a profitable ongoing concern. I'm not sure.

It looks like you're kind of pooched. Fantasyauctioneer was one-of-a-kind and I don't know of anyone else who has built a stand-alone application that even resembles it. If you can't use ESPN because of your settings then the only managed alternative I know of is to set your league up on CBS. That sucks because it's about $150 but I'm not aware of any other option.

Conference call, maybe?
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Nice little tool Mike, couldn't figure out how to put my own projections in without doing them one at a time by hand which isn't worth it to me. Says to download projection pal but couldn't find anything like that on the site.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby MikeBillsFan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Ender wrote:Nice little tool Mike, couldn't figure out how to put my own projections in without doing them one at a time by hand which isn't worth it to me. Says to download projection pal but couldn't find anything like that on the site.

Thanks Ender. My fault on the Projection Pal thing. It isn't ready yet. I had copied that box in from my football version and didn't realize I had even mentioned Projection Pal in the baseball one until it was too late. I hope to have Pal done by the end of this week. There are some other methods you can use though, to get your projections into the Compiler. Ever used VLOOKUP?
MikeBillsFan
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthias » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:15 pm

spooneyluv wrote:But this year, fantasyauctioneer.com is not up (check it out) so I'm worried that I won't be able to use it. Can anyone give me advice on where to look? Or does anyone have info on what's up with fantasyauctioneer.com?

Thanks!

I just got an (unsolicited) e-mail from fantasyauctioneer about their service.
Dear FantasyAuctioneer Patron,

As you may have noticed, our site hasn't been up in several months. Unfortunately, we've decided to go on hiatus until Baseball 2010. It was a very difficult decision; but we felt it was time for a massive upgrade to our technology. With the lessons we've learned over the last five years, next year's iteration will be light-years ahead of what you've seen. To this end, we’ve agreed to be acquired by RotoExperts. I will be joining the management team to oversee development of the Next Generation of FantasyAuctioneer.

RotoExperts has done some pretty amazing things in the year they’ve been in existence, including becoming a regular contributor to Yahoo!, SI.com, and USA Today Sports Weekly. This is absolutely unheard in the fantasy sports industry. I'm proud to join them to lead the redevelopment efforts. I hope you will keep in touch with the FantasyAuctioneer Team by joining the RotoExperts community. Through their forums you can lobby for your personal wish-list of features that our old system lacked. You can also be among the first to see this Next Generation system by signing up to be a beta tester.

As part of the effort, we are also working with RotoExperts to generate sales of their auction draft tracking software, Diamond Draft. Diamond Draft is a rock solid product built specifically for auction drafters like you. This will help us fund the development efforts so we can get started as soon as possible.

The software sells for $34.95, but FantasyAuctioneer customers can get it for only $29.95. I’ve provided a link below for you to use:

Fantasy Auctioneer Customer - Special Price

Only $29.95

Please don’t share this with anyone else, as this is meant as a special deal for you because of your support through the years. Soon, you’ll see that we’ve converted FantasyAuctioneer.com into a sell page for Diamond Draft, but it will have the normal price on it.

I hope you understand what we are trying to accomplish. We’ve put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into making FantasyAuctioneer a great site and tool for auction drafters. With the help of RotoExperts, we look forward to bringing it back bigger and better than ever. Thank you!

Sincerely,

George del Prado
Founder and Lead Designer
FantasyAuctioneer
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers