Matsui is this guy gonna be a bust... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matsui is this guy gonna be a bust...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matsui is this guy gonna be a bust...

Postby aircanada15nc » Sat May 17, 2003 9:28 am

I drafted this guy in ma 12 team head to head league in the middle rounds expecting to get a steal...i was expecting 30 homers and 100rbis...but he has 3 homers and is killing me cuz im in desprate need of them...do you think he will turn him self around? and what do you think his numbers will look like in september?
aircanada15nc
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sinicalypse » Sat May 17, 2003 11:32 am

welp, i'm not completely sure of his power, or lack thereof... i didnt think he'd hit 40, or even come close... 25-35 was what i was looking at. but what has distressed me more than that is the "slump" that he's in. early on in the season he was good for a knock here, a knock there. that superstacked yanks lineup was giving him many a rbi-op, and i remember early on that he was like 6-7 with runners in scoring position, but that # has obviously tailed off somewhat. he hasn't hit a HR in almost two weeks, and his rbi output since that last HR on may 7 sums up to... 5.

it is bittersweet, i suppose. i traded off mike macdougal for hideki straight-up at the tail end of his hot streak. it was nearing the end of april, he had like 22 rbis, and macdougal was at the top of his value chart. from there, matsui tailspinned and stagnated... not to mention that some knucklehead cut raul mondesi so he could pick up kevin millar. matsui met his maker when i saw that edgar martinez, in the midst of his very own very hot streak, was out there... so since cutting hideki i've gotten 3 games with a HR from edgar. he looks to be enjoying himself, as this kind of hitting is vintage edgar.

so digressing aside, i'm not sold on matsui being a lock for 100 RBI. naturally, if he gets hot, he will have a TON of rbi ops since he bats in that yankees lineup. perhaps this is why he was worth an upper half waiver slot to the guy currently batting me for first, but still, unless he either re-discovers what he was doing early on to have success, it seems like MLB pitchers have figured him out, so it's up to him to make an adjustment or two. or three.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers