DUSTY BAKER, DON'T YOU DARE START PRIOR ON SHORT REST!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

DUSTY BAKER, DON'T YOU DARE START PRIOR ON SHORT REST!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:53 pm

RynMan wrote:Wveres, can you honestly tell me that he should have brought Fox in the other night?

oh so now Dusty ruined Chad Fox? This should be good. He is not a starter, but go ahead and tell me why he should not have brought in Fox?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:06 pm

I have a hard time believing that if the pitchers don't think they can go that Dusty's gonna send them out there.

It's not as if he's playing fantasy baseball and had to guess what the 'twinges' reported in the paper mean as far as [insert pitcher's name] goes. Or that 'Chad Fox had surgery last year, are you going to stick him in your lineup this week?'. He can spend all morning having a panel of experts brief him on the latest MRI results and then, if he's still not sure, he can invite them into his office or call them on the bullpen phone or whatever.

FWIW, Smoltz was griping last year b/c he wasn't getting regular enough action...
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:25 pm

wrveres wrote:
RynMan wrote:Wveres, can you honestly tell me that he should have brought Fox in the other night?

oh so now Dusty ruined Chad Fox? This should be good. He is not a starter, but go ahead and tell me why he should not have brought in Fox?

Chill! Did I say he ruined his arm?
Let me check.

No.

But he knows Fox has had a history of arm problems. He was his newly appointed closer, and he brought him in in a 10-3 game after he pitched a 20 pitch inning the previous day. Why would he do that? Im genuinely asking.....why?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:36 pm

RynMan wrote:
wrveres wrote:

Chill! Did I say he ruined his arm?
Let me check.

No.

But he knows Fox has had a history of arm problems. He was his newly appointed closer, and he brought him in in a 10-3 game after he pitched a 20 pitch inning the previous day. Why would he do that? Im genuinely asking.....why?

I can think of no better situation than a 10-3 game in April, to find out if my new closer can even go back to back days. Prior to the day before, Fox hadn't even pitched in what 4 or 5 days.

Are you telling me that Fox can't go but 20 pitches every four or five days? :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:51 pm

wrveres wrote:Are you telling me that Fox can't go but 20 pitches every four or five days? :-o

Isnt the fact that he blew his arm up, proof that he cant?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:05 pm

RynMan wrote:
wrveres wrote:Are you telling me that Fox can't go but 20 pitches every four or five days? :-o

Isnt the fact that he blew his arm up, proof that he cant?

agreed ..

So now we know.

I can't see blaming Dusty for it though? :-o

Because he asked the guy to go back to back days?
He had gone three days in a row like two weeks before!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:15 pm

Yeah I see your point.
I dont like him as a manager, you do, lets leave it at that. :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby chadxor » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:20 pm

you don't put fox, a pitcher with a wealth of injury problems, in with a 7 run lead after having thrown 20 pitches the night before

i'm shocked you're arguing the sensibility behind that. yeah, sure, you can throw him out there... but why?
chadxor
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:22 pm

RynMan wrote:Yeah I see your point.
I dont like him as a manager, you do, lets leave it at that. :-D

fair enough ... :-)

But does that mean you are not going to name a Starting Pitcher that Dusty ruined? :-o
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rich101682 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:22 pm

I think it's funny that if the Cubs didn't have an off day this week, and Prior got the same 4 days of rest that everyone is complaining about, no one would care.

Just because Prior CAN be rested one more day doesn't mean he should. Hell, the Cubs could start Rusch AND Wellemeyer every turn and go to a 7 man rotation so that Prior can get 6 days of rest between starts.

It would be one thing to give Prior short rest, but this is no shorter than he's usually been getting, and will continue to get most of the season.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers