DUSTY BAKER, DON'T YOU DARE START PRIOR ON SHORT REST!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

DUSTY BAKER, DON'T YOU DARE START PRIOR ON SHORT REST!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby rich101682 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:51 pm

If they want to go with Rush, doesn't that take 1 arm out of the bullpen for the rest of the week?
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:53 pm

jayman wrote:comon! this guy let an infant run around the field during a big game! he's nuts!

LMAO :-D :-D
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Darkie Satchels » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:59 pm

Come on, guys. Hasn't Dusty gotten Manager Awards and taken a few teams to the post season? He knows what he's doing. He expects alot out of his players and doesn't believe in pampering. In all honesty, Prior would let him know if he couldn't handle it. So everyone looking at Dusty like he's nuts should look at Prior for fault if he injures himself again.

Relax.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Darkie Satchels » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:02 pm

Bobby Baseball wrote:
red wrote:Not to be particular: but Saturday is not short rest. Saturday is regular rest: Pitched Monday, off Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, pitch Saturday.
Would I prefer that they give him the extra day? Yep!
But it's not 3 days rest, it's four. They're just thinking of skipping Wood's spot.

He should be given every possible extra day of rest when possible. They can throw Rusch. He should not be considered when there are other options.

I personally think a 5 man rotation is silly. Especially when you could have a Maddux, Zambrano, Wood, Prior quadfecta. These guys should condition better. The 5th position is always considered a "crap" slot ta-boot.

Great indie Music Website: http://www.pensatos.com
Darkie Satchels
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:04 pm

I dislike Dusty as much as anyone as a manager, but this is Prior's normal rest. Are you going to go to a 6 man rotatation to give him 5 days rest every time?
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:10 pm

They have an off day on Thursday, yes they're skipping someones rotation spot but it's not like Prior is starting on 3 days rest. You guys are really making a big deal out of nothing.
Last edited by Mustangs989 on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby quicksilver8 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:43 pm

Darkie Satchels wrote
Come on, guys. Hasn't Dusty gotten Manager Awards and taken a few teams to the post season? He knows what he's doing. He expects alot out of his players and doesn't believe in pampering. In all honesty, Prior would let him know if he couldn't handle it. So everyone looking at Dusty like he's nuts should look at Prior for fault if he injures himself again.

First, it probably won't be a big deal for Prior to pitch on his normal 4 days rest.

I have to disagree with you about giving Dusty any credit for anything his teams have ever done. Dusty is about the dumbest manager I have ever witnessed. He couldn't manage a Dairy Queen, much less a mlb team. He routinely is outmanaged by opposing managers. Doesn't believe in pampering? That is exactly what he does. he is the most sniveling yo-yo you'll ever see. He constantly makes excuses for his players. When the blame falls squarely on himself, he shows up to the post game press room with his kid in tow so that he can hide behind his kid. I live in Illinois and hear about Dusty all the time on chicago sports radio. Dusty is an idiot. He has always had solid teams and his success in SF is more attributable to the GM and the players than anything Dusty did. It's like saying that Phil Jackson was the reason the Bulls won 6 championships...

Ok, I've vented. sorry for the soapbox speech, but Dusty is way overrated.
Official Member of the Andruw Jones hosed me fan club
quicksilver8
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby GSes » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:49 pm

dusty baker is the biggest idiot that ever managed a pro baseball team.

good god, all i can say is thank god he isnt the manager of my A's
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:16 pm

I love all this ESPN driven anti Dusty bullchit ..

the Chicago Cubs do not desreve Dusty Baker.
My hope is that the Cubs rot in their mediacrity for years agian after Dusty walks out on this sorry organization.

and BTW ya all ...

Its been about a year or so since I have been asking, but can one of you fools please name one starting picther Dusty has ruined ... just one is all I ask. and back it up.

turn off the ESPN, and go do some research, and name me just one arm he RUNIED.

I'll be waiting.. :-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:19 pm

TB13 wrote:Yet another dumb move by probably the biggest killer of pitchers out there. Prior is barely recovered from his problems, is this really the time to test just how strong he is? I am not opposed ot having pitchers throw on 3 or 4 days rest, however in this particular case, wouldn't it be far more prudent to see how Prior continues for another month or so?
I said it before and I'll say it again. Lots of luster has worn off Dusty since his SF General Dusty days. He left the Giants as one of the best managers in the game, and he is currently appearing as if he has no clue on how to run a team.

show me some proof of even one Starting Pitcher's arm he KILLED ..

Just one
thanks ;-D
Last edited by wrveres on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers