Latest On Fox - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Latest On Fox

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Latest On Fox

Postby Drunken Rhino » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:12 pm

I know he left last night's game with an elbow injury. Any disclosure as to what the injury is and will that mean Hawkins is the closer again by default?
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:41 pm

15 day DL

and according to foxsports.com "With Chad Fox on the disabled list, Michael Wuertz appears to be the favorite for saves on the Cubs. Wuertz is off to a fast start for the second year in a row. Last season, Wuertz faded quickly after making seven appearances in the first two weeks of the season. He's already appeared in 11 games this year and could tire out again. While he's worth grabbing in fantasy leagues, it's not at all likely that he'll last the year as the Cubs' closer."

Wuertz for now?
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:58 pm

Wuertz will most likely be the closer...from what I saw on a site earlier today there's a good chance this is a CAREER ending injury for Fox...that's just depressing - you hate to see something like that happen to a guy. Apparently he's had a problem with the tendon all along in his career and they think it's done for at this point. I think they're still looking into doing further tests but from what I've read it didn't sound good at all.

On a positive note, Borowski's rehab has been going OUTSTANDING and he should be back soon. My understanding is that he'll be getting the job when he gets back but then again this is Dusty Baker we're talking about. Borowski is the logical choice...that's all we can say at this point for sure.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby RawTalent » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:32 am

Wuertz...ouch.
RawTalent
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates