Yahoo Contest w/SF Giants - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Contest w/SF Giants

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Contest w/SF Giants

Postby AT » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:38 am

Did anyone fill out that yahoo contest form before the season started to win a job working in the Giants' front office? There were 5-6 Baseball questions and a short essay question about the 2 teams that made the most favorable off-season moves. I'm just wondering what teams people picked because I'm wondering if I'll get to continue in the contest since I picked, obviously the Mets, but I also picked the White Sox... Who did you pick if you did the contest?
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:11 am

I didn't even send anything in cause if you win you get a $30K job in SF. Working for a baseball team would be great but that isn't that much money with the cost of living in the area. :-t
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby John Bonzo » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:01 pm

well, you get $15K up front for winning, whether you take the job of not.

I didnt bother with it though.
John Bonzo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby daullaz » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:44 pm

I took Boston and Oakland. But, in my defense, I said Oakland made the best moves for the future (Barton, Meyer, Haren, etc) while taking a step backwards for this year.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby AT » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:54 pm

You didn't send it in because it doesn't pay enough and real estate costs too much in the area? I'm 24, a stock broker in NY and I make $20k per and I live with my mom. If real estate costs too much I'll carve out my own kidney and sell it on E-Bay to get that job.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:23 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:You didn't send it in because it doesn't pay enough and real estate costs too much in the area? I'm 24, a stock broker in NY and I make $20k per and I live with my mom. If real estate costs too much I'll carve out my own kidney and sell it on E-Bay to get that job.
I'd say we are in slightly different circumstances. 25, married, kid on the way. House payments, car payment, and student loans. A one year data entry job for 30K in SF isn't enought to make me pack up and move cross country even if it is for the Giants.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Re: Yahoo Contest w/SF Giants

Postby Yoda » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:10 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:Did anyone fill out that yahoo contest form before the season started to win a job working in the Giants' front office? There were 5-6 Baseball questions and a short essay question about the 2 teams that made the most favorable off-season moves. I'm just wondering what teams people picked because I'm wondering if I'll get to continue in the contest since I picked, obviously the Mets, but I also picked the White Sox... Who did you pick if you did the contest?

I filled it out b/c I work in real estate for my job and I can work for an MLB team for 30K.

I said the Marlins made the best moves. They acquired Delgado who is a force from the left side, something they never had in their history. Also Al Leiter, a wily veteran starter who can teach and help grow the young pitching staff. He also had problems with a blister earlier in his career and I think he will help Josh overcome his. Worked so far.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Baseball Leftovers