stumpak wrote:1. When is he projected to be an MLB starter? Are we talking call-up in late 05 with a shot at starting in 06 or is more like 07 is most likely?
2. Is there any downside on this guy that I need to be aware of? I sort of remember that he was a bit of ahead case, but I could be entirely wrong.
3. How is he doing so far this year and is he in AAA?
1. It's unclear where or when he will get to the majors due to Rentaria blocking him. He very well could end up moving to 2B or even the OF. Right now I'd say he is 1 to 2 years away, probably has a better shot in '07.
2. He was considered a bit of a head case, but he has seemed to make good strides in turning that around lately. The other little downsides would be he should walk more and that he doesn't always focus as well as he should, but those are big things since he is pretty young.
3. He is doing fairly well, hitting .313/.373/.500. Actually he is in the Red Sox AA team, the Portland Sea Dogs.
BTW- He should develope enough power to be a 20/20 guy and maybe a bit more. He grew some in the last few years and is now 6'3" 195, saw him in ST this year and he looked pretty good. The power should come, though it's usually the last tool to develope.