Help ! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help !

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help !

Postby valnas » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:58 am

play in a 20 team league, and have won it 3 years running since its inception, but I'm off to a really rocky start and might need to make a youth movement.

The league is a yahoo nl/al combo, 20 teams
Ofense: R,H,2b,3b,HR,RBI,SB,K,PO,A,FPCT,AVG,OBP,SLG
Pitching: APP,IP,W,L,CG,SHO,SV,K,GIDP,WHIP,HLD,K,ERA,K/BB,K/9

In the off season I lost adam kennedy to injury, lost catcher eligibility on M. Lecroy, and 3b on dmitri young. My pitching staff is in decline and i had to scour the fa wire to fill in holes. here is my current roster (allowed 26 players and 3dl)

C: J. Buck
1B: T. Helton
2B: C. Utley
3B: S. Rolen
SS: M. Tejada
OF: C. Everett
OF: G. Anderson
OF: K. Griffey Jr.
Util: J. Bagwell
BN: R. Ibanez
BN:A. Laroche
SP:J. Fassero
SP:K. Escobar
SP: Odalis Perez
SP: C.C Sabathia
SP:B. Arroyo
RP:T. Percival
RP: Braden Looper
RP:J. Rincon
RP:C. Hammond
RP:C. Polittle
BN:R. Wolf
BN:Ru. Hernandez (sp on royals)
BN: Joe Kennedy
BN:C. Lidle
BN:B. Lawrence
DL: Ramon Ortiz
DL: Ismael Valdez
DL: T. Sturtze

My formula for success in the past had been picking up free agents and trading 2 of them for one player and upgrading my infield positions. Pitching wise, I rotate a lot of decent starters to win the ip, appearance, K's, and other catagories. I take a hit in losses, but not enough to balance what I gain. I try and find two relief pitchers who qualify as starters also ( fassero, sturtze). This year my offense is starting very slow with indications that some of my cogs are starting to break. I've been trying to unload bagwell for a year now and can't get any value for him. Anderson doesn't have the power he once did, and griffey was a gamble i made ( traded mondesi and dmitri young for him) that I somewhat regret. Young no longer was getting play in my roster, and the fact he doesn't field in a 1b/utility slot in my lineup kills my PO's. I traded Dave Roberts for Arroyo in the offseason, but haven't been able to find any speed to replace him in trades or free agency as of yet.

My question is, do you think I have enough to make a run in a very competitive league if things turn around, or should I start packaging trades with some of my older stars and target Haren,Blanton, Mauer, and other rookie or 1st year players who look like the next big thing. I think I have enogu huseful veterans to trade with the marginal ones to really stockpile (this is a keeper league we plan to keep running for many years).

My fears are

that helton ends up with a subpar year (90 rbi,30 hr) cause of the lineup around him.

bagwell becomes a platoon player due to his shoulder, or retires after the season

rolen's knee takes away starts, and he falls off from his peak production the last two years

Griffey is done

Wolf, Lawrence, Lidle, Kennedy and Ortiz are all pitchers who showed promise, pitched well, and have declined a bit. Lidle is on my team cause he just has a knack for cg SHO every once in a while, the others have gotten worse each year i've had them

Percival may lose his job to urbina at some point

Utley never gets the starting job

Hopefully I'm overreacting and you can all save me from hitting the eject button on my season and give me rationale advice.
valnas
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

bump

Postby valnas » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:32 pm

please give me a look see ! I need to devise some sort of plan cause this roster is bloated. Post your trades or what you need looked at and I'll give my 2 cents.
valnas
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team