it is in my humble opinion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:21 am

wrveres wrote:hmmm maybe we can trade them Geoff Blum for Prior. ;-D

Throw in Aramis and I'll think about it. :-b
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:23 am

davidmarver wrote:
wrveres wrote:hmmm maybe we can trade them Geoff Blum for Prior. ;-D

Throw in Aramis and I'll think about it. :-b

done ;-D

LOL ..
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 720)

Postby davidmarver » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:26 am

wrveres wrote:done ;-D

LOL ..

Haha. But in all seriousness, he is surprising you isn't he? I mean, his defense is average, but he hasn't blown any big plays and he's hitting better than Greene was when he went down.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:29 am

davidmarver wrote:
wrveres wrote:done ;-D

LOL ..

Haha. But in all seriousness, he is surprising you isn't he? I mean, his defense is average, but he hasn't blown any big plays and he's hitting better than Greene was when he went down.

Geoff Blum has a hot bat, yes.
Am I happy for my Padres, you betcha.
Should they start benching the prospects, In lieu of a 33 year old journeyman, who couldn't even get regular playing time in Tampa, No way!!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:35 am

wrveres wrote:Geoff Blum has a hot bat, yes.
Am I happy for my Padres, you betcha.
Should they start benching the prospects, In lieu of a 33 year old journeyman, who couldn't even get regular playing time in Tampa, No way!!

True, but I cannot stand Sean Burroughs. It's the little things he doesn't do that tick me off the most, like being out of position, not hitting behind the runner on hit and runs, and the like. I do think Blum should platoon this season however...I think he gives our team the better chance to win now and with a weak NL West it's worth a shot.

EDIT : Our was misspelled as out
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:48 am

Burroughs is an ideal number two hitter. He doesn't strikeout a ton and he hits close to .300. The Padres would be best served to bat him 2nd and move Loretta to the number three spot followed by Giles and Nevin.

I obvioussly disagree with benching him. He is hitting currently hitting .291 and getting on base close to a .380 clip. Can't really see why he would be "benched" :-o :-o

But sorry to hear you nit pik at the young Burroughs. Its a shame you look for the negative when it comes to the guy vs. the positives. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby davidmarver » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:57 am

wrveres wrote:Burroughs is an ideal number two hitter. He doesn't strikeout a ton and he hits close to .300. The Padres would be best served to bat him 2nd and move Loretta to the number three spot followed by Giles and Nevin.

Loretta does seem like an ideal #3 hitter. He puts the ball in play a lot and finds the gap often enough. I think Klesko's on base percentage would make him a better #2 that Burroughs, though, if we were to make a possible change in the two slot. All in all, I think we still should delegate Burroughs to a platoon role, at least for this season. He started out pretty warm in the first half last year only to fizzle out so I wouldn't put too much weight in his April numbers. I agree though with your accessment of Burroughs, but for a different reason. The further up in the lineup he moves, the less people will be on base for him, meaning he'll be told to just go and hit and not worry about moving over runners and whatnot.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:25 am

Neifi Perez batting 2????? :-o
Makes you wonder if he knows something that we dont, because Perez is red hot, but he is possibly one of the worst hitters you could have.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers