When will Beltre explode? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

When will Beltre explode?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nikku88 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:13 am

I wouldn't worry too much. He's in a new league, new park that is much colder in April than in LA. I don't expect him to match last year, but I think he finally will play like he is capable of.
My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:22 am

Rhino Tuff wrote:Don't get me wrong he wasn't my first rounder or anything and I think he is playing fine he has close to 14 or 15 RBIs plus he is hitting for average. I don't think he going to sink into oblivion like a lot of others on this board and I definitely think the adjustment to Seattle is taking the toll on Sexson and Beltre both but does he tend to heat up as the summer progress?

BTW love all the guys jumping in with their negative thoughts to brag about the fact that they didn't draft a guy. Probably frustrated Nomar owners...

14 RBI's and hitting .247. That's hitting for average?

Glad to hear that you didn't grab him in the first round or so ;-D , and I don't think anyone in this thread said he would "sink into oblivion". Most are saying the same things we said in the offseason. He won't repeat his '04 numbers and that he was overrated. It's a simple fact, nothing more. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Rhino Tuff » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:00 am

Considering it is the third week of the season the Batting Average isn't much of a concern, but given 22 RBI's lead the league I don't think 14 is that ugly a number. :-? Maybe I'm too much of a newbie to know what everyone was saying over the summer. :-o

But I think he'll improve before he due his next contract or is that the type of advice that makes the Cafe ;-D !
Rhino Tuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SlightlyStoopid » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:17 am

I ended up with him in an auto draft league I just started. I promptly traded him for Rolen. I'm pretty positive that Rolen will come around while the jury is still out on Beltre. Thank the heavens I got him off my team.
SlightlyStoopid
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby davidmarver » Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:11 am

TheYanks04 wrote:When is his next contract year?

Seriously
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:13 am

davidmarver wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:When is his next contract year?

Seriously

ridiculous theory.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SouthBronxBombers » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:38 am

It's not that ridiculous a theory. And given that virtually any player in baseball would have those same 14 ribis with Ichiro leading off is no big thing to point to. I don't see Beltre hitting more than 25-30 home runs. He'll be a slightly above average third baseman.
SouthBronxBombers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:42 am

He will be the hottest hitter over the summer.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Secret Avatar » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:46 am

Gimme a break, dudes, with your "I told you sos" in the first three weeks of the season. The first three weeks mean nothing. There are plenty of big power hitters who are underperforming right now. Pujols. Helton for another. Thome. Carlos Lee. Chavez. The list goes on. Even Manny was hitting terribly until he had a hot streak last week.

Personally, I think Beltre needs to relax and work the count better than he has been. He's been swinging at too many bad pitches. He'll settle down. The good news is that Beltre already has 14 RBI while hitting only 1 HR and hitting under 250. The new improved Seattle line-up is indeed the RBI and run machine for Beltre that it was cracked up to be. Once he does start hitting, his RBI and run numbers will be stellar.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bselig » Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:56 am

Owners who drafted Beltre in the first round are chumps. That said, he should come around and have a pretty good year; he'll probably finish as a top five third baseman
bselig Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers