Fox looks BAD so far... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Fox looks BAD so far...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:42 pm

slomo007 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Well if Hawkins is around you might want to grab him. Then again, I think it is pretty obvious that none of the Cubs closer candidates is worth 5 cents at this point and should probably be avoided.

Except Borowski. I wouldn't touch the others at this point. They're all ERA bombs waiting to happen.

Yes indeed. Of the nuclear variety too. And Borowski is hardly much better as the last time he was any good was in 2003.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:45 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:Well if Hawkins is around you might want to grab him. Then again, I think it is pretty obvious that none of the Cubs closer candidates is worth 5 cents at this point and should probably be avoided.

Except Borowski. I wouldn't touch the others at this point. They're all ERA bombs waiting to happen.

Yes indeed. Of the nuclear variety too. And Borowski is hardly much better as the last time he was any good was in 2003.

True, I'm not exactly confident in Borowski. But I am more confident in him than I am in Wuertz, Hawkins, Fox, Dempster, Rusch, Remlinger, Leiceister or whoever else is rumored to be in the role. :-b
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby thehat » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:52 pm

And yet one more example of why Dusty Baker is, IMHO, the single worst in-game manager in baseball history.

Everyone knows Fox is damaged goods. He simply should NEVER go on back to back days. But the Cubs are in a jam in the bottom 8th as Hawkins is wavering, and since Wuertz had already been used in the seventh inning, he's got to warm up Fox.

Well, as it turns out, Hawkins escapes the eighth, the Cubs add some more runs in the T9, and it's a 10-3 lead heading for home. The emergency is over, and Fox doesn't need to be used, keeping him available for tomorrow night should he be needed in the ninth.

But wait, it's Dusty Baker managing the Cubs. So naturally, who does he send out with a seven run @#%&ing lead? Fox, of course. And after serving up a dinger to Dunn and going through an endless AB with Kearns, he's dead beat and overthrows a fastball...and now he's toast.

I find it hard to believe there can be anyone more inept at their particular job than this idiot is at his. Worst ever, no exaggeration.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby slomo007 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:56 pm

Sorry cubs fans, but hat is right, why isn't Chicago calling for Dusty's head by now? :-?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:58 pm

Obviosuly you never saw Stump Merrill manage.

And then there was Jimy Williams.

Like I said before, Baker could not be a bigger idiot if he tried.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Carey Saders » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:13 am

slomo007 wrote:Sorry cubs fans, but hat is right, why isn't Chicago calling for Dusty's head by now? :-?

Because if he gets fired, people will cry, "Racism!"
Carey Saders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:14 am

Carey Saders wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Sorry cubs fans, but hat is right, why isn't Chicago calling for Dusty's head by now? :-?

Because if he gets fired, people will cry, "Racism!"

Good point, I hope that's not the reason he hasn't been fired. He honestly deserves to be...and this is not just the Cubs hater in me talking.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Cleveland Steamers » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:53 am

Im a HUGE cubs fan and i agree 100%. The guy is a complete idiot. I really wish the Cubs could find someone more qualified for the job. He has a history of blowing arms, just what the cubs need when they have such young arms. I was happy when Dusty came, now i say get the hell out. He is a horrible manager and should be banned from chicago.
Cleveland Steamers
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Everywhere...looking for a job in baseball...or fantasy sports...

Postby bobby » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:02 am

Rotoworld:

Chad Fox - R - Cubs

After entering a 10-3 game, Chad Fox walked two and gave up a three-run homer to Adam Dunn before leaving with an arm injury tonight.
Aren't you glad you picked him up yesterday? If this is another long-term setback for Fox, maybe Michael Wuertz, who struck out the only batter he faced tonight, will become the favorite for saves on the Cubs. LaTroy Hawkins pitched a scoreless eighth, but that probably doesn't help his case. Apr. 26 - 12:20 am et

I'm lovin' that 3 ERs in 0.1 IP. :-o
bobby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:08 am

Why don't they just draw straws? What a joke. It is obvious to the entire world that he Cubs have no plan and no clue as to what to do about the spot. And this comes on the heels of knowing they needed to do something about closer since the beginning of 04 and still they refused to address the situation properly in the off-season.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers