You piece of crap, Mark Buerhlie - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

You piece of crap, Mark Buerhlie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby sinicalypse » Sat May 17, 2003 12:39 pm

yeah, buehrle for myers would be a killer move. buehrle is one of those finesse pitchers who is succeptible to giving up an 85 mile per hour gift if he doesn't hit his spot exactly. he's given up HRs to a good # of non-power hitters (i dont have any names in front of me), so i think he hasn't been able to get away with sneaking in fastballs by people who he thinks that he has a margin of error with. i dont think buehrle will end up with a horrible era, but i suppose now i can envision him having a 4.2 era when it's all said and done, not to mention a 7-14 record or something.

i think the ghosts of $27 million are dancing around his head. he turned down that contract from the sox (who themselves are reluctant to sign SP long-term thanks to years like this one), so right now he's probably freaking out since he's lost that guaranteed money and is thinking that he's got a bunch of money riding on every start he makes. if the white sox start hitting, he could turn around his record by july. so i think it'll take a few more starts to determine whether this is just a big speedbump, or a whole epidemic in need of re-paving.
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers