Jerome Williams to AAA - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jerome Williams to AAA

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:44 pm

It's not exactly like Williams is that good when active anyway. Better to have him in the minors where he can't hurt your team. :-b
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Punisher » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:52 pm

Exactly why I didnt target this guy in the offseason.....
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GSes » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:49 pm

I would much rather see what Fopper can do, I remeber in 2003 when he showed those flashes of brilliance flurting with shut outs and getting like 10 strikeouts.

I think Foppert has more upside then Jerome or Noah. of course all the giant fans are in love with jerome williams and noah lowry around here and they don't think foppert is good.

its amazing how stupid they are.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Punisher » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:51 pm

GSes wrote:I would much rather see what Fopper can do, I remeber in 2003 when he showed those flashes of brilliance flurting with shut outs and getting like 10 strikeouts.

I think Foppert has more upside then Jerome or Noah. of course all the giant fans are in love with jerome williams and noah lowry around here and they don't think foppert is good.

Homers normally are stupid, they only like the guys who come out of nowhere and start doing great right away, instead of liking the top prospects who take time to slowly grow in the farm system
Screw the Peavy and Burnett Watches, I'm probably one of the laziest people in the world
The Punisher
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby warrick95 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:53 pm

THEY SENT HIM DOWN TO AAA TO GET IN WORK BECAUSE AS OF NOW HE IS ONLY THEIR 5TH STARTER...THEY DON'T NEED A 5TH STARTER RIGHT NOW. THE DECISION WAS EVEN EASIER BECAUSE HE HAD A SHORTENED SPRING TRAINING DUE TO THE HEALTH OF HIS DAD BACK HOME IN HAWAII...HE NEEDS WORK. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR NOT THE ORGANIZATION BELIEVES HE'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE TEAM RIGHT NOW.

And now back to your regular, meek posts. :-D

Christ...ten plus trivial posts doubting his abilities. Think for a moment...why did they send him down?

As for his upside, I think he can be a future #2/#3 starter. He's young enough and his stuff is pretty good. His command is special for a youngster.[/b]
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TownDrunk » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:15 pm

GSes wrote:I would much rather see what Fopper can do, I remeber in 2003 when he showed those flashes of brilliance flurting with shut outs and getting like 10 strikeouts.

Care to point out which Giants fans think Foppert isn’t that good? Or do you want to go ahead with your weak, broad generalization, insulting our collective intelligence?

:-t :-t :-t :-t :-t
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby Pedantic » Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:27 pm

warrick95 wrote:THEY SENT HIM DOWN TO AAA TO GET IN WORK BECAUSE AS OF NOW HE IS ONLY THEIR 5TH STARTER...THEY DON'T NEED A 5TH STARTER RIGHT NOW. THE DECISION WAS EVEN EASIER BECAUSE HE HAD A SHORTENED SPRING TRAINING DUE TO THE HEALTH OF HIS DAD BACK HOME IN HAWAII...HE NEEDS WORK. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHETHER OR NOT THE ORGANIZATION BELIEVES HE'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR THE TEAM RIGHT NOW.

And now back to your regular, meek posts. :-D

Christ...ten plus trivial posts doubting his abilities. Think for a moment...why did they send him down?

As for his upside, I think he can be a future #2/#3 starter. He's young enough and his stuff is pretty good. His command is special for a youngster.[/b]

His command? Are we talking about the same Jerome Williams here? The one that has't even managed to eke out a 2.00 K/BB ratio?
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby kcs261 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:27 am

I don't know what Giants' fans think. But I will say that it's crazy that Foppert is behind Willliams and Lowry on the depth chart.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TownDrunk » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:10 pm

kcs261 wrote:I don't know what Giants' fans think. But I will say that it's crazy that Foppert is behind Willliams and Lowry on the depth chart.

It's not crazy at all considering Foppert still isn't ready for the majors yet. You all seem to forget that he had surgery a little over a year ago. His control still isn't quite there yet and neither is his stamina. Once he's ready, he'll most likely be brought up to pitch out of the pen, or to replace Rueter in the rotation.

Barring any trades, the Giants should have a nice young nucleus of Williams, Lowry, Foppert, Cain, and Valdez (if they don't turn him into a closer) to go along with Schmidt in the next few years.
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:33 pm

I had Jerome pegged as a nice sleeper, but he's just been too horrendous so far. I let him go, but I'll still be keeping an eye on him once he's brought back up. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers