2003 priorities - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2003 priorities

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2003 priorities

Postby BasesDrunk » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:25 pm

What are your priority lists like for 2003 drafts?
Ovbiosly A-rod goes first, so assuming he is taken what do your lists look like?
mine is...
1-SP -Every staff needs a man who they can depend on 1 out of 5 games to get a win and rack up some good numbers
2-OF - Although there are some out fielders that can be taken in the early to middle rounds, It is key to have a star that you can depend on as well.
3-SP - Every team needs a solid number 2 man as well,
4-1B - First is a position that needs consistant power, its a good time to draft one at this spot
5-C - This position causes headaches to every owner who makes the mistake of not getting one early, although there is a lack of good catchers it could be smart to find a player that played a little catcher last year and is moving positions
6-OF - Dont forget about this one, grab a guy with speed to get some stolen basses
7-SS - tough position if you go beyond the big 3 (or 4)
8-3B - A corner position that requiers production, dont forget
Alrite I'm out, but thats all i could get out for now... what do you guys have?? i also try not to stress about 2B and third OF spot, there are plenty of players that could fill this position in the late rounds, Closers are some what unrealiable, over the past few years closers that have great years dont get drafted, he will get saves if his team will be over .500, alot of SP end up got tossed around alot so you could trade for one there,
BasesDrunk
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trevisc » Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:40 am

I take the biggest hitter in the smallest park with the most men on base at that time in the draft. I don't care about what position they play.
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Gaucho » Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:59 am

I never go into the draft with a set list of what position I will draft first, second, etc. I don't worry about positions until about the 5th round (I'm in a keeper league where we all start out with 6 players so the 5th round is the really the 11th). After playing Roto for a half decade the best advice I can give for drafting is take the best players who are available in the first 5 rounds regardless of their positions. You need future HOF's to compete. Don't get caught up in runs for closers or catchers. You can patchwork a closing staff and there are so few decent catchers that it would be ridiculous to draft someone like Jorge Posada over a Jim Edmonds just because you don't want to have a terrible catcher. Piazza and IRod are the only catchers who should be drafted in the first few rounds.
Gaucho

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby GDaversa » Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:49 am

PITCHING WINS LEAGUES!
GDaversa
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers