How can I improve my team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How can I improve my team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How can I improve my team?

Postby bengbrewer » Fri May 16, 2003 11:21 am

I am currently in 3rd in a 8 team roto league. Is there anything I can do to improve my team? Thanks

Pujols, Albert (LF, 3B, 1B-StL)
Kent, Jeff (2B-Hou)
Furcal, Rafael (SS-Atl)
Glaus, Troy (3B-Ana)
Beltran, Carlos (CF-KC)
Berkman, Lance (CF, LF-Hou)
Guerrero, Vladimir (RF-Mon)
Ordonez, Magglio (RF-CWS)
Wilson, Preston (CF-Col)
Bench Hunter, Torii (CF-Min)
Bench Giles, Brian (LF-Pit)
Bench Konerko, Paul (1B-CWS)

Halladay, Roy (SP-Tor)
Morris, Matt (SP-StL)
Prior, Mark (SP-ChC)
Miller, Wade (SP-Hou)
Vazquez, Javier (SP-Mon)
Benitez, Armando (RP-NYM)
Foulke, Keith (RP-Oak)
Williams, Mike (RP-Pit)
Santana, Johan (SP,RP-Min)
DL Isringhausen, Jason (RP-StL)
bengbrewer
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby nhgent » Fri May 16, 2003 1:00 pm

Honestly, unless you have a certain category that you are not performing well in I wouldn't do a thing. Halladay has just started to come on (I have him on my team), Vlad is still yet to peak (I have him too), and if Preston Wilson (also on my team) continues his tear you could take over your league awfully quick. I am not a trading genius, but I know good talent when I see it and your team is full of it!! Ride the season a little longer and see how it goes....Good luck!!!
nhgent
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Longshot » Fri May 16, 2003 11:31 pm

One improvement - Drop Konerko immediatly for someone like LeCroy or DeJean or anyone who shows potential. Konerko sucks, this isnt a slump, this is just a bad baseball player.
Longshot

Friendliness: %

Postby jdh » Fri May 16, 2003 11:57 pm

I disagree with you about Konerko. He has always been a very streaky hitter. Last year, he had 15 of his 30 homers in one month of the season. He has been consistently in the 25-30 HR, .280-.300 average and 90-100 RBI range for the past four or five years and he is only 28, so there is no reason to think he just suddenly forgot how to hit. It's not like he came from nowhere to have a fluky season; it has been consistent and there is no way that he just drops to a .200-10-60 hitter, or whatever he's on pace for.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Longshot » Sat May 17, 2003 12:00 am

Well, Ive never been a big Konerko fan so I may be biased, but this year he looks worse than ever. Ive watched him play many time because I actually drafted him (came to me in the 12th, i couldnt pass no matter how much i hated him), but i quickly replaced him with huff and i couldnt be happier. Konerko is fatter than last year and his swing looks slow. I guess you could keep konerko on your bench "just in case" but he disgusts me so much I didn't keep him on mine.
Longshot

Postby jdh » Sat May 17, 2003 12:04 am

Once he goes into another one of his 15 homers in a month hot streaks, you will want to have him in your lineup. I just can't remember a situation where a hitter, at his age just suddenly went from a .300-30-100 guy to totally forgetting how to hit at his age, unless there is injury involved, and Konerko is apparently fine. The only player I remember going from awesome to garbage in his prime is John Rocker, and we all know the reasons for that.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Longshot » Sat May 17, 2003 12:13 am

Hah, yes we do..

Well, maybe Konekro is playing through some sort of injury, maybe his gf/wife broke up with him, maybe he picked up a coke habit, or maybe hes slumping and he'll break out. Even if he does, he won't be good enough for me to regret dropping him. I play in a small league (7 man.. 1 guy dropped out the day of the draft) and my team is stacked:
C Lo Duca
1 Palmeiro
2 Kent
3 Glaus
SS Nomar
OF Everett
OF Sheff
OF Edmonds
U Blalock
U Huff
U Jeter
B M. Giles
B Green
B Garret
B Cameron

My pitching staff isnt nearly as good but I do have Mussina and Schilling, the rest suck. Im currently in first place by 20 points in my roto league.
I'm thinking of trading Palmeiro for Kevin Brown, but 1)i dont like trading hitters for tossers, 2) brown is injury prone and 3) huff looks too good to be true
Longshot

Postby DieHardCubbie » Sat May 17, 2003 1:03 am

I think in this situation I MIGHT try to turn Hunter and Konerko into a 1st teir SP. but this is just a MIGHT. Miller is strugling and Halladay is just now coming around. your other option is to try to upgrade at SS. BUT I think I would ride it out a little longer before I made a deal.
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers