Please help me improve. Head to Head league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please help me improve. Head to Head league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please help me improve. Head to Head league

Postby Singles » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:25 am

Hi, This is the first time I am doing fantasy baseball. I really love it even though I am dealing with a lot of errors on my part. I had an awful draft. This is my team. I think I lack power. I am in a head to head league that uses points(ex. 1 HR + 4points) We play one person each week and the higer point total gets the win.

C. V. Martinez
1B L. Overbay
2B L. Castillo
3B H. Blalock
SS J. Wilson
CI C. Koskie
MI R. Gotay
IF J. Gibbons
LF C. Crawford
CF L. Ford
RF B. Giles
OF A. Rios
OF W. Taveras
Util L. Bigbie
BN E. Byrnes
BN J. Phillips
BN Bobby Crosby(DL)
DL T. Walker
SP J. Leiber
SP J. Peavy
SP D. Willis
RP J. Nathan
RP L. Hawkins
P B. Lawrence
P T. Lilly
BN K. Wells

I had J. Westbrook but traded him for Bobby Crosby. I also had A. Cintron and H. Choi but dropped them for R. Gotay and W. Taveras(was this dumb?)

Is this team all right or should I make some moves? I think my pitching has been real good. I just seem to have a lot of singles hitters. Is it that I just have some players notr swinging well but they'll come around?

I've tried to trade for D. Ortiz, C. Delgado and J. Lugo, but to no avail.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

PS I'll rate anyone's team for them, but I wouldn't trust my opinions and I'm not sure how other leagues go. This is my first time doing this so I'm only familiar with Head to Head leagues. I'll try to research some of the other leagues(like 5x5?) so I can be more effective in helping others.
Singles Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:57 am

Welcome to the cafe.

How many teams are in your league?

Your offense seems balanced but not overly impressive. What sticks out to me is your SP depth. It seems to me you need a few more arms. Which SP are on waivers?

Give a little more league details.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Singles » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:15 am

Thanks for the welcome. I did a search and found this site. its very useful and infformative. I wish I knew about it sooner. I looked at a bunch of sites similiar to this one, but this is by far the best one. Just reading through the other post I feel that people want to truly help each other. That's nice.

Its There are 14 teams. Each week we play one other person and the team with the highest point total gets a win. The points are for :

Batting:
runs(1 point), hits(2), singles(1),doubles(2), triples(3), HR(4), RBI(2), SB(2), TB(1), Assists(1), Errors(-1)

Pitching:
IP(1), W(2), CG(4), Saves(2), ER(-1), K's(1), SB(-1) and HLD(2)

Some available pitchers are, C.Lee, K. Rogers, Loaiza, Contreras, P. Wilson, C. Lidle, Tomko, Fogg, Drese, Rusch, Byrd, Kennedy, Estes, Chen, Franklin. There are quite a few.

If I grab a pitcher, who sould I drop?

Hopefully Walker and Crosby won't be on the DL too long.
Singles Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bukoski77 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:28 am

Singles wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I did a search and found this site. its very useful and infformative. I wish I knew about it sooner. I looked at a bunch of sites similiar to this one, but this is by far the best one. Just reading through the other post I feel that people want to truly help each other. That's nice.

Its There are 14 teams. Each week we play one other person and the team with the highest point total gets a win. The points are for :

Batting:
runs(1 point), hits(2), singles(1),doubles(2), triples(3), HR(4), RBI(2), SB(2), TB(1), Assists(1), Errors(-1)

Pitching:
IP(1), W(2), CG(4), Saves(2), ER(-1), K's(1), SB(-1) and HLD(2)

Some available pitchers are, C.Lee, K. Rogers, Loaiza, Contreras, P. Wilson, C. Lidle, Tomko, Fogg, Drese, Rusch, Byrd, Kennedy, Estes, Chen, Franklin. There are quite a few.

If I grab a pitcher, who sould I drop?

Hopefully Walker and Crosby won't be on the DL too long.

Thanks, that info helps alot. Being 14 teams your team is a little better than I initialy thought. I'm guessing you have an above average offense.

Get C. Lee now and keep on eye on Fogg. Drop Lilly for Lee. If K. wells doesnt turn it around soon he would be the my drop for Fogg.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Singles » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:52 am

All right, I took your advice and dropped Lilly and picked up Lee. I'll keep an eye on K. Wells. Thanks.
Singles Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team