Gonzalez/Grabow to Mets - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Pittsburgh Pirates

Gonzalez/Grabow to Mets

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gonzalez/Grabow to Mets

Postby blackbearabroad » Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:09 am

I was wondering if anyone on this end has heard anything substantiated about Grabow and Gonzalez being traded to the Mets, or the Mets having interest. With both being reasonably young (aka not Jose Mesa in age) and presumbibly inexpensive I'm guessing the only reason the Pirates would trade the two would be if NY overpays? Am i right? (I also don't expect it to happen)
blackbearabroad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Gonzalez/Grabow to Mets

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:38 pm

blackbearabroad wrote:I was wondering if anyone on this end has heard anything substantiated about Grabow and Gonzalez being traded to the Mets, or the Mets having interest. With both being reasonably young (aka not Jose Mesa in age) and presumbibly inexpensive I'm guessing the only reason the Pirates would trade the two would be if NY overpays? Am i right? (I also don't expect it to happen)

I saw the headline yesterday about it...I'm really hoping these are just rumors. I don't want to lose Gonzalez since he does have some pretty good stuff. Grabow I don't care about so much, but losing two lefties out of the bullpen would be a huge loss for the team. If they do trade them, they better make the Mets give us a good player or two...I'm tired of getting prospects since they never end up helping the major league team.

Problem is the Pirates front office haven't been the greatest as far as making teams overpay for players - see the Benson, Lofton, and Ramirez trades from last year. :-P
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby iuprell67 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:09 pm

Unless the pirates get david wright in return for either one of them they wont go there.
iuprell67
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:05 pm

wow...I have not heard this and I usually read the Tribune Review from front to back daily.

I hope it a big rumor
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Pittsburgh Pirates