Now is a good time to trade Mulder... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Now is a good time to trade Mulder...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Now is a good time to trade Mulder...

Postby warrick95 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:38 pm

He's coming off a great start on paper, but look at what Rotoworld said:
Mark Mulder earned his first win since August by allowing two runs -- one earned -- in eight innings tonight against the Pirates.
Facing the Pirates right now is a lot like facing the Rockies outside of Coors Field. Mulder looked pretty average tonight. He had very good location early on and he mixed up his pitches well. Stuff-wise, he threw like someone who would have given up three or four runs in six or seven innings against a good lineup. We'll be more encouraged if he does a good job against the Astros this weekend.

So it sounds like his stuff was average, even though his control improved. And let's face it, they're the Pirates (sorry, Pirates fans...when the highlight of recent memory of the team is your manager stealing first base, literally, I don't know how far y'all are going). So what I'm doing is telling other owners that the real Mulder is looking solid and looking to return to past form and then offering a bunch of trades. I'm hoping one of them will bite.

Anybody think it's a good idea?

(By the way, the trades I proposed...not asking for feedback on these since that'd make it a trade post...are Mulder and Brazoban for Hudson to the Gagne owner...and Mulder and Barmes for Oswalt to an owner who currently has Jose Valentin at SS with Crosby on the DL, and also the injury-prone Giles at 2B).
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:45 pm

It's a good idea to look to sell any pitchers who become overrated after dominating the Pirates ;-D

That's how you do :-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mikegp » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:48 pm

Mulder is not a pitcher I would want on my team. I'd definitly sell him high right now.
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby warrick95 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:50 pm

Definitely. I'm f'ing panicking right now that these stupid owners aren't accepting/declining the trade before Mulder's next start. They've made roster moves since my offer, but I doubt they're bright enough to be waiting for his next go vs. Houston. :-D
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thehat » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:54 pm

I don't see where Mulder can be sold high. Off one okay start? Who's gonna buy?

I don't own Mulder in any league, but if I did, I'd keep him for now and hope as I can't see where much of value can be obtained in return just yet. And maybe Dave Duncan can put the pieces back together physically while Mulder gets it together mentally.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:05 pm

thehat wrote:I don't see where Mulder can be sold high. Off one okay start? Who's gonna buy

There are people out there who thought he was gonig to bounce back -- I wasn't one of them BTW -- and this is all they needed to be reassured that he is in fact back on top of his game. Those are pretty much the only people who will be buying Mulder anytime soon. :-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:07 pm

another great reporting job by rotoworld. he allowed one unearned run, zero earned runs. only two hits over eight innings. he didnt look dominant but then again when your whole plan is to get all sorts of ground balls you arent going to look dominant. i agree, sell high depending on what you get because one good game (against the pirates) doesnt mean he is back, and i want to see something good in his next start before getting excited, but he pitched better than rotoworld is giving him credit for.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Return to Baseball Leftovers