Ben Sheets Hospitalized...... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ben Sheets Hospitalized......

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Scooter1027 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:35 am

Yoda wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:He was officially diagnosed with vestibular neuritis, which sounds worse than it is. It's a deep inner ear inflammation, which definitely accounts for the dizziness. I can't believe he pitched yesterday, that kind of thing can be pretty debilitating. I'm thinking he probably should have sat yesterday out and let Obermueller have the spot start, but he wanted to go. He won't make the trip to San Fran, but he wasn't due to pitch anyway.

Yeah and those boneheads left him to pitch over 100. There is a reason why that franchise just plain sucks. :-t

True, but the thing is that he wasn't pitching that poorly. He have up two early home runs (1st inning), which was troublesome. I wanted him out then thinking something was wrong. Then he settled down and pitched very well for the next 5 innings or so, and he kept us in the game despite Oswalt's dominance. Then he got rocked again. Sheets himself didn't blame the performance on the illness, and said he felt good before he started. I don't blame the organization for this one like I do for, say, employing Wes Helms.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:49 am

It is the same thing he was diagnosed with last year and missed some time, he will be back. In the mean time the Brew Crew will continue to lose.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers