CBS leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS leagues

Postby BOOF » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:00 pm

Hi everyone it's nice to see an all baseball site, I hope you can all help me and I maybe assist some of you.

I am in a CBS roto league for my first time, it's for $150 and don't understand it.

Are there no DL spots? I have Nomar, Bonds and Escobar. What do I do?

Does anyone know of any strategies related to the two reserves spots?

Any help would be appriciated in relation to standard CBS roto leagues, thanks in advance.
BOOF Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BOOF » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:10 pm

Help, anyone?
http://boof.com
BOOF Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Steve-o » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:18 pm

I know that in my CBS league (which is custom, so it may be different), we have two DL spots. Simple click on the drop down box that says either active or reserve and select injured. This will open up a free spot on your reserve list so you can go add a free agent.

Hope that helps.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Steve-o » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:20 pm

I also think that your roster only has to be "legal" on Monday, so you can actually store non-injured players in the injured slots the rest of the week and just decide what to do with them on Sunday night.

In my custom league we don't allow this, but in your public league you can probably do this.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby agchris02 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:47 pm

most cbs leagues have no DL spots, which makes dealing with injuries much harder (and why gagne and bonds are both owned by less than half the people), id drop escobar, but i dont think you can drop bonds or nomar
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Steve-o » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:10 am

agchris02 wrote:most cbs leagues have no DL spots, which makes dealing with injuries much harder (and why gagne and bonds are both owned by less than half the people), id drop escobar, but i dont think you can drop bonds or nomar

WOW! I was wondering why their ownership was so low, guess that explains it.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby tmoney » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:30 am

Steve-o wrote:
agchris02 wrote:most cbs leagues have no DL spots, which makes dealing with injuries much harder (and why gagne and bonds are both owned by less than half the people), id drop escobar, but i dont think you can drop bonds or nomar

But it still doesnt explain why people like Johan Santana are only owned in 97% of leagues, cant imagine it is not 100%. I mean, Wilkerson is owned in more leagues at 98%. I just dont get it, some are very far off from what makes sense.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: CBS leagues

Postby asumikey222 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:52 am

BOOF wrote:Hi everyone it's nice to see an all baseball site, I hope you can all help me and I maybe assist some of you.

I am in a CBS roto league for my first time, it's for $150 and don't understand it.

Are there no DL spots? I have Nomar, Bonds and Escobar. What do I do?

Does anyone know of any strategies related to the two reserves spots?

Any help would be appriciated in relation to standard CBS roto leagues, thanks in advance.

CBS Public has a notoriously thin bench. Many people think that the Own% are at least somewhat screwed up, which would explain why some of them are a little wonky. The other thing about CBS is you can't sort FAs by "rank" like people usually do in Yahoo or even Own% like in ESPN, which makes it more likely that good FAs may sneak by, like I picked up Lieber and Sweeney just last week. As far as your bench, I don't think there is any special "strategy," but as you know it's a weekly league so those bench guys aren't really going to be guys you plug in on off-days, they have to be guys you start all week if you ever use them. So for me my hitting owns, but my SP is only average, thus I have 2 SPs on my bench (Rodrigo Lopez, and now Patterson in a rotating spot) which I can then plug in if one of my back of rotation starters (Myers, Sabathia) starts sucking.
asumikey222
College Coach
College Coach

Postby agchris02 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:02 am

tmoney wrote:
Steve-o wrote:

But it still doesnt explain why people like Johan Santana are only owned in 97% of leagues, cant imagine it is not 100%. I mean, Wilkerson is owned in more leagues at 98%. I just dont get it, some are very far off from what makes sense.

They dont revise their percentages for AL or NL only leagues -- Id assume that since Santana is owned in 97% of leagues that 3% of the leagues are NL only
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mkultra » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:03 pm

I don't play in public leagues, but Sportsline's private interface is so much better (and more customizable) than Yahoo's. We have 2 DL spots in my league, and a 7-deep bench.

StatTracker... :-P
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Return to Baseball Leftovers