What are you doing with Zito? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What are you doing with Zito?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GSes » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:32 am

slomo007 wrote:
GSes wrote:uh slomo is completely ludacris for you to be making asumptions of things like o well the 3rd inning could have been huge because tadhito is inexperienced and dosen't know how to hit zito. wtf are u joking me.

you did not watch the game, there for you can in no way make assumptions like that, that is not your place to do that and I think you know that, and calling zito LUCKY? cuz he got a guy to chase a curveball in the dirt and got out of one inning with guys on basE? comee on, i guess everytime any pitcher gets a guy out we need to call him lucky? thats a joke.

Now your right, the final line in the box score does not look all that great, and that is your and everyone else's choice on how they want to look at a player's performance.

I watched the game, I saw he pitched great, the pitch count got up there and the guys that got on before everett got up ONLY GOT ON because of lucky bloop singles. if zito gets them out, then he only gives up 2ER and his night is pretty good.

GSes, hear me out before bashing me. If Tadahito really knew Zito the same way 75% of the other batters know Zito....he would have known that when Zito has runners on base, he can't afford to walk someone. When he can't afford to walk someone, he abandons his curve when he's behind in the count. Therefore, what you need to do is simply wait for the fastball....which WILL come when he misses his curve location (which he tends to do when runners are on base). That is how you beat Zito...I'm not even a Major Leaguer and I can figure it out.

It's not ludcrious if you really think about it. That inning could have been big, but Zito had a batter who chased a curve like most batters wouldn't have done when Zito is in trouble. That's exactly what leads to his big innings, and that's what would have led to another one if he were more expereienced with him.

I have seen PLENTY of Major league AMERICAN born hitters swing and miss at zito's curveball WITH runner's on base. This idea you have that its ONLY iguchi is not a valid argument in my opinion.

Iguchi swings at everything and everyone, he swings A LOT just like Ichiro and he puts every ball into play.

When Ichiro was at bat against Zito last game and he had runner's on Ichiro JUST like iguchi SWUNG and missed at zito's off speed stuff. it was the same exact thing.

except Ichiro has been in the league since zito came up almost, and has seen zito many many many times.

so my comeback for you on this whole iguchi thing, is that ichiro did the same thing with guys on base, and ichiro swung out one time and grounded out another. ;-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:34 am

GSes wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
GSes wrote:uh slomo is completely ludacris for you to be making asumptions of things like o well the 3rd inning could have been huge because tadhito is inexperienced and dosen't know how to hit zito. wtf are u joking me.

you did not watch the game, there for you can in no way make assumptions like that, that is not your place to do that and I think you know that, and calling zito LUCKY? cuz he got a guy to chase a curveball in the dirt and got out of one inning with guys on basE? comee on, i guess everytime any pitcher gets a guy out we need to call him lucky? thats a joke.

Now your right, the final line in the box score does not look all that great, and that is your and everyone else's choice on how they want to look at a player's performance.

I watched the game, I saw he pitched great, the pitch count got up there and the guys that got on before everett got up ONLY GOT ON because of lucky bloop singles. if zito gets them out, then he only gives up 2ER and his night is pretty good.

GSes, hear me out before bashing me. If Tadahito really knew Zito the same way 75% of the other batters know Zito....he would have known that when Zito has runners on base, he can't afford to walk someone. When he can't afford to walk someone, he abandons his curve when he's behind in the count. Therefore, what you need to do is simply wait for the fastball....which WILL come when he misses his curve location (which he tends to do when runners are on base). That is how you beat Zito...I'm not even a Major Leaguer and I can figure it out.

It's not ludcrious if you really think about it. That inning could have been big, but Zito had a batter who chased a curve like most batters wouldn't have done when Zito is in trouble. That's exactly what leads to his big innings, and that's what would have led to another one if he were more expereienced with him.

I have seen PLENTY of Major league AMERICAN born hitters swing and miss at zito's curveball WITH runner's on base. This idea you have that its ONLY iguchi is not a valid argument in my opinion.

Iguchi swings at everything and everyone, he swings A LOT just like Ichiro and he puts every ball into play.

When Ichiro was at bat against Zito last game and he had runner's on Ichiro JUST like iguchi SWUNG and missed at zito's off speed stuff. it was the same exact thing.

except Ichiro has been in the league since zito came up almost, and has seen zito many many many times.

so my comeback for you on this whole iguchi thing, is that ichiro did the same thing with guys on base, and ichiro swung out one time and grounded out another. ;-D

They're swinging at off-speed stuff though. Why aren't they waiting for fastballs? That's my point.

And by the way, regardless of what happened that inning, he still had a four run inning and therefore this argument is pretty pointless. He is still the same Zito as last year.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:37 am

I know many use the argument that Rick Petersen helped Zito and that without him Zito has lost some of his command. How much truth there is to that I have no idea. It is an interesting theory though.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GSes » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:39 am

TheYanks04 wrote:I know many use the argument that Rick Petersen helped Zito and that without him Zito has lost some of his command. How much truth there is to that I have no idea. It is an interesting theory though.

it's a very true theory, it was something I was worried about the second Peterson left. that man is a pitching coach god. ;-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:45 am

I avoided him like the plague on draft day. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby GSes » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:48 am

Madison wrote:

I avoided him like the plague on draft day. ;-D

as much as it may sound crazy based on my posts defending the poor guy............I avoivded him in drafts as well for the most part unless he really slipped to me. I only have him on 1 team.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GSes » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:59 am

Barry Zito took a shutout into the seventh inning against the White Sox tonight, but he ended up giving up four runs in 6 2/3 innings.
A single, a homer, two more singles and a two-RBI double. Zito had given up just two hits and one walk through six innings. He's so close to breaking through, but one bad inning has held him back in each of his last two starts. Apr. 26 - 12:50 am et

-rotoworld.com

geez who writes this stuff? its like I am or something. :-D

lol
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:01 am

GSes wrote:Barry Zito took a shutout into the seventh inning against the White Sox tonight, but he ended up giving up four runs in 6 2/3 innings.
A single, a homer, two more singles and a two-RBI double. Zito had given up just two hits and one walk through six innings. He's so close to breaking through, but one bad inning has held him back in each of his last two starts. Apr. 26 - 12:50 am et

-rotoworld.com

geez who writes this stuff? its like I am or something. :-D

lol

I saw that and got a good chuckle from it. They are drinking the Kool-Aid as well. I bet whoever wrote it is a Zito owner.

Also, check out the Jon Garland blurb, lol:

Rotoworld wrote:Jon Garland pitched his second career shutout tonight against the A's. He gave up four hits -- a double and three singles.
By start, Garland has pitches six, seven, eight and nine innings and allowed three, two, one and zero runs. It's going to hard for him to progress further, as we can't imagine any team except for maybe the Royals scoring negative runs in a game. Feel free to pick up Garland in your mixed league if he's still available. Just remember that he's never failed to disappoint when seemingly on his way to becoming more than a fourth starter. Apr. 26 - 12:56 am et
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby GSes » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:03 am

lol the garland one was pretty funny. :-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby biju » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:12 am

GSes wrote:When Ichiro was at bat against Zito last game and he had runner's on Ichiro JUST like iguchi SWUNG and missed at zito's off speed stuff. it was the same exact thing.

Before we go too nuts and talk all this smack about Zito owning Ichiro I would like to officially point out that in his career vs. Zito he has a .375 BA (18 of 48 with 2 HR).

In Zito's defense though, he does own Scott Spiezio who has a mere .087 career BA against him (2 of 23).

:-D

Link to stats
biju
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers