No Vidro Love - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

No Vidro Love

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

No Vidro Love

Postby Drunken Rhino » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:57 am

Why is no one talking about the resurgence of Vidro? He's playing better than all 2B not named Kent or Roberts and has the ability to stay in the top 5 for the year. Career #'s of .305 AVG, .840 OPS, 15 HR/YR. Those are great #'s for a 2B. And on top of that, he's happy to be playing again. Anyone agree w/ me that he should be getting more love?
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrettCB » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:00 am

Totally agree, I have Vidro on my team and I have been quite surprised with his performace. I expected him to come out and put up good numbers but he totally exceeded my expectations. He already has 4 HR's, he's hitting .327, and has 14 RBI's... I'd say he's back on track in Washington.
BrettCB
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stumpak » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:44 am

He is always underrated. I am not comparing him to Abreu, but he is underrated in the way Vidro was prior to 2004. Somehow consistent production is never adequately recognized. I am in an auction keeper league with people who know what they are doing, and I was amazed to get him for $12 while people like Figgins and K matsui were going for $20+.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:50 am

Vidro is a great fantasy player - when healthy. I think people aren't talking him up because he's screwed so many of us before. For example, I drafted him last year and when he went down I was never able to find a decent replacement. That kind of stuff kills you.

I did get him off the WW in my dynasty, because an owner dropped him for Uribe. Lucky me. But, as much as I hate carrying 2 second baseman, I also have Barmes for insurance.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:52 am

Maybe because the last year Vidro stayed healthy all year was 2002. He has posted quality numbers in only 2 years (2002 and 2000)...the only 2 years of his career he has avoided injury. No one has ever really doubted his ability.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RugbyD » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:32 pm

i am also very frustrated with the lukewarm market for vidro. i stole him in the 24th round of a 6x6 (OPS) and I have Kent starting and I can't get anyone to entertain the idea of trading for him (vidro).
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Drunken Rhino » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:11 pm

I understand him dropping b/c of health. But I can't say I blame him for being injured so much on that surface in Montreal. I know I've played on turf before and it's hell on the body day in and day out. I believe the move to Washington will greatly help him in the health department and keep his production where it was 3 years ago.

But maybe that's just me being an optimistic Vidro owner.
Drunken Rhino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:15 pm

A reasonable assumtion, but an unproveable one until after the season plays out (obviously). Vidro's lack of name recognition and long injury history will continue to dampen his value for awhile. If he is still stroking the ball well in late June, that will likely start to change.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:31 pm

I have Vidro and Roberts on one team, so I'm having a hard time sitting one... ;-D

I suppose I should try to trade one of them, but I am gunshy. I just hope Vidro keeps it up because he seems to be a pretty good hitter if he's not hurt.
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:32 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:I have Vidro and Roberts on one team, so I'm having a hard time sitting one... ;-D

I suppose I should try to trade one of them, but I am gunshy. I just hope Vidro keeps it up because he seems to be a pretty good hitter if he's not hurt.

With the way they're hitting, you should put one of them in your util spot. ;-D
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers