Need major offensive help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Need major offensive help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need major offensive help

Postby rielkah » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:14 am

So I'm in a league where we choose an entire team to play as. Then from there chose some players to protect and had a draft where players stole unprotected players from other teams. I started with the A's. Here is what my team looks like.

C Greg Zaum
1B Jeff Bagwell
2B Mark Scutaro
SS Clint Barmes
3B Eric Chavez
OF Garrrett Anderson
OF Mark Kotsay
OF Nick Swisher
UT Erubiel Durazo
UT Scott Hatteberg
BN Eric Byrnes
BN Dallas McPherson
DL Mike Cameron

SP Ben Sheets
SP Barry Zito
SP Rich Harden
SP Danny Haren
SP Joe Blanton
SP Kirk Saarloos
RP Kiko Calero
RP Octavio Dotel

The A's young pitchers are playing well, once Sheets and Zito are playing well they could be dominant, but my offense completely sucks, I got Barmes who is ranked 9th, but then my next highest ranked player is Swisher at 259th. It's a 20 team league, so the free agent list is pretty empty. the highest players on the list are in the 300s. Should I be worried, or are Bagwell, Chavez, Durazo and McPherson going to start hitting? Should I try and trade someone I can get something for like Chavez? Should I trade Barmes while he's hot? Should I trade Zito or Sheets and hope the young pitchers pitch well enough for me to not regret it?
rielkah
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Steve Eckstut » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:10 am

Why'd you pick the A's? Anyways, I would try and deal Barmes while he's hot, see what you can get for GA and Bagwell, and just hold tight to the rest. If you can get a good deal for Zito, I would try and ship him off as he won't get you many K's. You should try to get a good closer.
Steve Eckstut
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Why?

Postby rielkah » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:07 am

I picked the A's simply because there wasn't much to choose from, I was one of the last people to pick a team. There was probably a better team but I had high hopes for the A's young players I guess. Thanks for the advice, I left a message on our board saying that I was willing to trade Barmes and I've already gotten a few people to say they are interested.
rielkah
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team