Is Kim healthy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Kim healthy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Munson, Roy E » Fri May 16, 2003 5:30 pm

Mantei owners should try to get Kim just for when Mantei makes his annual trip to the season-ending DL.
"I don't need your sympathy, man, I need my Johnson. ... What do you need that for Dude?"
Munson, Roy E
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby timkell » Fri May 16, 2003 6:22 pm

Yeah, Super GM, you really need to check your facts. Hampton has been pitching pretty well. He's got many more walks then K's. He may continue to improve, but he's been nowhere near the pitcher Kim was in his first few starts if you look at WHIP, K's and K/BB. Wins are definitely based on luck. Hampton may get more, but I doubt it.

Also, do you know what WHIP means? It means walks and hits per inning pitched. If you have a WHIP near 1, you're not going to be giving up too many runs. If your ERA is around four and your WHIP is 1, then luck has not been on your side. If you have a WHIP near 2 and you have an ERA under three, then luck is definitely on your side. WHIP is definitely the best indicator of how well a pitcher is pitching. Of course stamina is important too, but Kim has shown no signs of running out of gas.

His injury was a freak accident and it didn't affect his arm. He threw six shutout this week, so he seems fine. Granted, it was AAA, but still. I'd take Kim over Hampton, definitely.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Voelk » Sat May 17, 2003 12:44 am

Kim just became available in my league... I would like to give him a shot, but should I drop one of the following to get him?
sp's: wells, garcia, schmidt, affeldt, ainsworth, suppan
rp's: mesa, wagner, borowski, marte

I'm thinking suppan or marte... I've tried to unload both w/out any luck.

What do you all think?
Voelk
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jdh » Sat May 17, 2003 12:47 am

I would rather have Kim over Suppan, Ainsworth or Affleldt. Depending on the size of your league, all three of those guys are pretty borderline waiver material. Kim has huge upside, but just be aware that he is still on the DL and probably won't start until late next week.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers