Brad Penny to pitch Sunday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brad Penny to pitch Sunday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TB13 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:22 am

NO ONE is a good start at Coors. I have Penny on my DL and like what I am hearing, but there is no chance of me starting him on Sunday.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1197
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Xanadu

Postby gtabaplayr1 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:49 am

Projections for Penny this year? I'm still uncertain... he's sitting the WW in my 10 team league, I'm a little SP heavy on my team aswell. But so what do you guys think his value will be and what are you projections for him going forward?
gtabaplayr1
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 257
Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ManchVegas

Postby josebach » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:13 pm

gtabaplayr1 wrote:Projections for Penny this year? I'm still uncertain... he's sitting the WW in my 10 team league, I'm a little SP heavy on my team aswell. But so what do you guys think his value will be and what are you projections for him going forward?


The winter before the 2004 season, he learned to throw a change-up and became a completely different pitcher... a better pitcher. He's now in one of the best pitching parks in baseball and had a very good rehab stint. He shouldn't be on the WW in a 8 team league much less a 10 team league.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2036
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee

Postby thehat » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:46 pm

josebach wrote:
gtabaplayr1 wrote:Projections for Penny this year? I'm still uncertain... he's sitting the WW in my 10 team league, I'm a little SP heavy on my team aswell. But so what do you guys think his value will be and what are you projections for him going forward?


The winter before the 2004 season, he learned to throw a change-up and became a completely different pitcher... a better pitcher. He's now in one of the best pitching parks in baseball and had a very good rehab stint. He shouldn't be on the WW in a 8 team league much less a 10 team league.


I agree. Two good fastballs, a hammer curve and a change, and the fact he's at Dodger Stadium half the time, add up to what ought to be nice numbers across the board.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 3721
Joined: 1 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fabulous Las Vegas

Postby bluefire7 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:04 pm

thehat wrote:I agree. Two good fastballs, a hammer curve and a change, and the fact he's at Dodger Stadium half the time, add up to what ought to be nice numbers across the board.


yep. but he's still on my bench at coors :-b
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 250
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ny

Postby pomplona's finest » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:32 pm

Welcome back Penny! ;-D

Rynman and slomo, I just want to tell you guys that there is a fine line between courage and stupidity. :-D
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]

AKA IRON CHEF

Member #5 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
pomplona's finest
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3062
Joined: 18 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dirt Farming in Madagascar

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:48 pm

pomplona's finest wrote:Welcome back Penny! ;-D

Rynman and slomo, I just want to tell you guys that there is a fine line between courage and stupidity. :-D


And we are on the courage side right?

RIGHT?????? :-o
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby RynMan » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:27 am

bump for Slomo. Im starting Penny @ Coors. Call me crazy I dont care. After today you can all come back and put s#it on me but Im gonna sack up. :-D
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby stepsinsc » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:34 pm

I'm starting him too...I think.

I'm in a H2H league, down by 1 win (I also have Moyer going, he has El Duque), up in K's for good, and already lost ERA.

The thing that scare me though, is I'm leading WHIP by about .20.

But I'm really hoping LA can jump out to a big lead...I really need a win!


I'm scared.... :-/
stepsinsc
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 153
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Trazcon » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:01 pm

I'm expecting Penny to have an exceptional year. Too bad he made his first start at Coors though.
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 243
Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Executioner's Camp

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NikkiSixx, unioreimi, wingman3110 and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Apr. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(1:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Cincinnati
(1:08 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(2:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(2:20 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Miami
(4:05 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at NY Mets
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(7:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(8:05 pm)
Arizona at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(8:40 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact