Brad Penny to pitch Sunday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brad Penny to pitch Sunday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:58 am

RynMan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:Ah damn, I don't know if it's so smart now. 85 pitches would likely bring him to about the 6th inning....possibly more if he's really sharp, though he probably won't be given it's his first start. Perhaps we should just be patient and enjoy him over the rest of the season instead. :-b


Mo, my good man. I could have told you that its not a smart move starting a guy in Coors after a 6 month DL stint, but thats not the point. If we pull this off when everyone has said not to because its the "smart" thing to do, we will be treated like kings! B-)


LOL, OK I'm not one to back down from a challenge so I'm in. How bad could it be, right? (Don't answer that). I'm game.

Might I add this is a money league. :-b
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:05 am

slomo007 wrote:
LOL, OK I'm not one to back down from a challenge so I'm in. How bad could it be, right? (Don't answer that). I'm game.

Might I add this is a money league. :-b


Haha, well if its a money league then you have more to lose dude.
LOL now I'm second guessing. Its 12am here so maybe I need to sleep on it. You have just had a decent night's sleep so maybe Im just a lil crazy right now and you are thinking str8! Will talk to you before Sunday then :-D
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:06 am

RynMan wrote:Haha, well if its a money league then you have more to lose dude.
LOL now I'm second guessing. Its 12am here so maybe I need to sleep on it. You have just had a decent night's sleep so maybe Im just a lil crazy right now and you are thinking str8! Will talk to you before Sunday then :-D


Alright, either bump this thread or PM me and we can discuss this further.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:08 am

slomo007 wrote:Alright, either bump this thread or PM me and we can discuss this further.


Haha okay. You do the same cuz my memory is terrible! G'Nite! !+)
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:35 am

You two are starting Penny fresh off an injury, in Coors Field no less?

Good luck with that guys :-o

Watch him get a shutout now or something...
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:40 am

LBJackal wrote:You two are starting Penny fresh off an injury, in Coors Field no less?

Good luck with that guys :-o

Watch him get a shutout now or something...


If not for the pitch count I think I would (and I still might)...what can I say, I'm stupid like that I guess. When a pitcher begs to be activated...in Colorado no less, I think that says a lot about his confidence. Plus, I just am not scared about Colorado's lineup at all.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:45 am

slomo007 wrote:
LBJackal wrote:You two are starting Penny fresh off an injury, in Coors Field no less?

Good luck with that guys :-o

Watch him get a shutout now or something...


If not for the pitch count I think I would (and I still might)...what can I say, I'm stupid like that I guess. When a pitcher begs to be activated...in Colorado no less, I think that says a lot about his confidence. Plus, I just am not scared about Colorado's lineup at all.


I thought that about Woody on opening day - "it's only Colorado, they have nobody". I think I was so anxious to get some stats for my team that I just started him for the hell of it. 6 ER and 0 K's later I'm kicking myself. It's risky, but who knows. I havn't been following Penny all that much because he's not on any of my teams. Maybe he's in better shape than most people coming off the DL.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby bluefire7 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:07 pm

penny's career pitching line @ coors

G W L CG IP H ER HR BB K ERA WHIP BAA
3 1 1 0 18 17 8 3 7 9 4.00 1.33 .270


although 3 starts isn't a huge sample.. :-/
bluefire7
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 250
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ny

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:46 am

LBJackal wrote:You two are starting Penny fresh off an injury, in Coors Field no less?

Good luck with that guys :-o

Watch him get a shutout now or something...


Haha thats what Im saying Jackal. Its the "sensible" thing to do, sit him at coors. But sometimes you just gotta go against reason and take a gamble. And right now I am feeling crazy enough to take that gamble. As I said before, if it pays off, I will look like a genius, will everyone else look like skirts.

And if he gets shelled......then of course, I'll look like a jack-ass. ;-D
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Postby RynMan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:48 am

Mo, I slept on it and am still feeling crazy enough to do it. Let me know if I'm flying solo or if you are gonna plunge with me. :-b
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact