Brad Penny to pitch Sunday - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brad Penny to pitch Sunday

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:17 am

slomo007 wrote:I don't think I'll be starting him...but...everything I've read from thehat and from anywhere else online, all say he's VERY excited to get a chance to pitch again (and even asked to be activated in Colorado!)...and this after some stellar rehab starts. If I were a betting man, I think he pitches very well and gets the win. However, I'm in a roto league so I'm not going to risk it most likely. Penny is going to be one heck of a pitcher this year though.

Yeah becuz my common sense is telling me not to start him, I really feel like throwing him in there. If I were responsible I would have sat Vazquez today but something just nagged at me to start him. I wonder if that will get to me with Penny before Sunday. :-?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:22 am

RynMan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:I don't think I'll be starting him...but...everything I've read from thehat and from anywhere else online, all say he's VERY excited to get a chance to pitch again (and even asked to be activated in Colorado!)...and this after some stellar rehab starts. If I were a betting man, I think he pitches very well and gets the win. However, I'm in a roto league so I'm not going to risk it most likely. Penny is going to be one heck of a pitcher this year though.

Yeah becuz my common sense is telling me not to start him, I really feel like throwing him in there. If I were responsible I would have sat Vazquez today but something just nagged at me to start him. I wonder if that will get to me with Penny before Sunday. :-?

RynMan....I might make the plunge and start him if you will....I need someone to live/die with. :-b

If we hear about a pitch limit between now and then however, I won't be starting him. Too little chance of a win.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby BigLebowski » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:31 am

I just read that if the weather is too cold they aren't gonna activate him yet and that Elmer Dessens will be getting the start. I'd leave Penny on the bench regardless of what happens..
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:33 am

slomo007 wrote:RynMan....I might make the plunge and start him if you will....I need someone to live/die with. :-b

If we hear about a pitch limit between now and then however, I won't be starting him. Too little chance of a win.

Haha thats all the motivation I need. What do u think? :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:35 am

RynMan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:RynMan....I might make the plunge and start him if you will....I need someone to live/die with. :-b

Let's give it a couple of days to see if we hear about pitch counts....I could easily be convinced though. Also, we can check what the Colorado forecast is to make sure he is actually going to play. I wonder what they mean by "too cold". :-?

Damn we're crazy.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:45 am

slomo007 wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Let's give it a couple of days to see if we hear about pitch counts....I could easily be convinced though. Also, we can check what the Colorado forecast is to make sure he is actually going to play. I wonder what they mean by "too cold". :-?

Damn we're crazy.

Screw it man. We will be legends around here if we are the 2 guys that went against EVERYONE and against COMMON SENSE, and picked up the W!! :-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:49 am

RynMan wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
RynMan wrote:

Damn we're crazy.

Screw it man. We will be legends around here if we are the 2 guys that went against EVERYONE and against COMMON SENSE, and picked up the W!! :-D

True, and we could look like complete fools as well. :-b

Oh well, I'm in if you are...at least it would give me a game to watch Sunday. Denver's forecast is a high of 61 with a 30% chance of rain on Sunday. I guess we'll just have to assume that 61 isn't "too cold". The game starts at 2PM, so it probably won't be all that cold.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:51 am

Apr 21 Penny (biceps) will be activated from the 15-day DL in time to start Sunday's game against the Rockies, the Dodgers' official site reports.

Recommendation: Penny will have an 85-pitch limit for his start. If there's cold weather in Colorado, the Dodgers might still choose to go a different route for the start.

Thats from Yahoo. Pitch limit, u still game?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby slomo007 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:54 am

RynMan wrote:
Apr 21 Penny (biceps) will be activated from the 15-day DL in time to start Sunday's game against the Rockies, the Dodgers' official site reports.

Recommendation: Penny will have an 85-pitch limit for his start. If there's cold weather in Colorado, the Dodgers might still choose to go a different route for the start.

Thats from Yahoo. Pitch limit, u still game?

Ah damn, I don't know if it's so smart now. 85 pitches would likely bring him to about the 6th inning....possibly more if he's really sharp, though he probably won't be given it's his first start. Perhaps we should just be patient and enjoy him over the rest of the season instead. :-b
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby RynMan » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:57 am

slomo007 wrote:Ah damn, I don't know if it's so smart now. 85 pitches would likely bring him to about the 6th inning....possibly more if he's really sharp, though he probably won't be given it's his first start. Perhaps we should just be patient and enjoy him over the rest of the season instead. :-b

Mo, my good man. I could have told you that its not a smart move starting a guy in Coors after a 6 month DL stint, but thats not the point. If we pull this off when everyone has said not to because its the "smart" thing to do, we will be treated like kings! B-)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers