Should I be in last? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Should I be in last?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I be in last?

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:25 pm

Ok, 8 team league, 6x6 roto scoring, daily lineup changes...

My team -

C - V. Martinez
1B - Thome
2B - Utley/Barmes
3B - Lowell
SS - Young
OF - Podsednik
OF - Cabrera
OF - Beltran
UT - C. Patterson
Bench - Barrett, Kaz Matsui, Hinske, Wilkerson

SP - RJ, Oliver Perez, Harden, Livan Hernandez, Pettitte, Harden, Arroyo
RP - Nathan, Wagner, Mota, Wickman, Otsuka

DL - Berkman, Wade Miller

Ok so I thought this team seemed pretty solid, but I'm solidly in last. I think I'll be mostly all right once things start to shake out, but a lot of these guys are off to slow starts. The biggest problem in my eyes is that we have a 1250 inning limit, so I basically start Randy every time then others based on matchups. We don't score holds so Otsuka is just here to try to pick up a cheap W here and there.

What do you think? Should I try to package a SP to beef up another position? Which SP should I trade? I could wait for a couple weeks then package an OF, since I'll have Berkman too. Any thoughts?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AtP » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:12 am

Be patient. you have a good team. 1250 IP..thats low. 200 below what a major league team gets.
Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.
AtP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Time

Postby rbx260 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:17 am

Fantasy Baseball, is a game of time and patience. You have a pretty good team, and all of your slow starters, will turn around...it's only week 2 of the season, there is A LOT of Baseball Left. Just breathe, take it easy, and keep your eyes out for some kind of big deal that might improve your offense...get a really solid hitter.

Rate My Team Please!
Rate My Team Please!!!

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116004
rbx260
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:30 am

I don't know about last but that isn't a strong team for a league only have 8 teams.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 291)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:46 pm

Where should I try to improve? I used a different kind of strategy this year, which may have backfired on me. After the first four or five rounds, I went for guys who I thought were much better at their positions than others, such as Victor Martinez and Michael Young, when I could have gotten guys whose overall numbers may have been better. My thought was that the difference between Martinez and Young and, say, Piazza and Furcal would be greater than the difference between Lowell and Aramis Ramirez. You get the picture. Now I'm kicking myself a little for going that way, but open to suggestions as to what I should try to do to improve. Thanks.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team