Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 03, 2005 10:33 am

ironman wrote:I went and saw it last friday and I have to say it was pretty good. I've never read the book but still was able to follow it pretty well. When it comes out on video I'm gonna watch it again because I'm sure I missed a bunch of little things.

Read the book its like under 200 pages i think and hilarious and itll make more sense
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Tue May 03, 2005 11:18 am

acsguitar wrote:
ironman wrote:I went and saw it last friday and I have to say it was pretty good. I've never read the book but still was able to follow it pretty well. When it comes out on video I'm gonna watch it again because I'm sure I missed a bunch of little things.

Read the book its like under 200 pages i think and hilarious and itll make more sense

I'm horrible with reading books. I have a book that I've been "reading" since 1999! I just don't keep up with it.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue May 03, 2005 11:26 am

acsguitar wrote:

I just read the book a couple weeks ago. It is a really fast read. I finished it in 2 nights.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby quietstorm » Tue May 03, 2005 12:42 pm

I just read the second half of the book in about 3 hours. And I'm a very slow reader. It's not a hard read, if you're quick enough to get the jokes the first time; but you'll have to keep re-reading it to get all of the jokes.

Anyway, I saw the movie on opening day and loved it. I know people have been complaining that it didn't follow the books, but that's fine. The TV series didn't follow the books. The radio show didn't follow the books. The movie was never intended to "follow the books," it was intended to be yet another iteration of the same basic story (same characters, same basic plot, many of the same locations).
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 03, 2005 1:55 pm

If you guys liked HHG2G you should read all 5 books in the trilogy although they get kind of confusing... one of the funniest parts is when Dent goes to live on a planet and make sandwiches .. its awesome the detail they put into making the "Perfectly Normal Beast Sandwich."

Read these other DNA Books

Dirk Gently Novels: Crazy Wacky Crime Fighter and Time Travel and Nordic Gods stuff pretty funny there are 2 of them and half of a third in the SALMON of DOUBT compliation

Salmon of Doubt: A Compilation of his speeches/notes/short stories that rule. Put out after his death

Last Chance to See: One of the funniest/interesting books I've ever read. DNA and Mark Cowardean go on trips all over the world to find endangered species such as the Komodo Dragon and the Nali River Dolphin.. Its hilarious and informative and is a MUST READ IMO if you are a DNA fan... Oh and Its non fiction which is sweet!

Anyways read all his books they are all amazing
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Iguana » Tue May 03, 2005 2:07 pm

I also got a chance to see the movie, and liked it a whole bunch. Marvin was hilarious, and all the actors seemed to be pretty good fits for their characters. Lots of really amusing parts, especially the "pondering" whale. Anyone besides quiet storm have feelings on the movie?
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 03, 2005 5:50 pm

Iguana wrote:I also got a chance to see the movie, and liked it a whole bunch. Marvin was hilarious, and all the actors seemed to be pretty good fits for their characters. Lots of really amusing parts, especially the "pondering" whale. Anyone besides quiet storm have feelings on the movie?

Ahh the whale is a hilarious part of the book. Can't wait to see it
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby quietstorm » Tue May 03, 2005 7:50 pm

acsguitar wrote:If you guys liked HHG2G you should read all 5 books in the trilogy although they get kind of confusing... one of the funniest parts is when Dent goes to live on a planet and make sandwiches .. its awesome the detail they put into making the "Perfectly Normal Beast Sandwich."

Dirk Gently Novels: Crazy Wacky Crime Fighter and Time Travel and Nordic Gods stuff pretty funny there are 2 of them and half of a third in the SALMON of DOUBT compliation

Salmon of Doubt: A Compilation of his speeches/notes/short stories that rule. Put out after his death

Last Chance to See: One of the funniest/interesting books I've ever read. DNA and Mark Cowardean go on trips all over the world to find endangered species such as the Komodo Dragon and the Nali River Dolphin.. Its hilarious and informative and is a MUST READ IMO if you are a DNA fan... Oh and Its non fiction which is sweet!

Don't forget The Meaning of Liff and The Deeper Meaning of Liff!
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Thu May 05, 2005 4:30 pm

quietstorm wrote:
acsguitar wrote:If you guys liked HHG2G you should read all 5 books in the trilogy although they get kind of confusing... one of the funniest parts is when Dent goes to live on a planet and make sandwiches .. its awesome the detail they put into making the "Perfectly Normal Beast Sandwich."

Don't forget The Meaning of Liff and The Deeper Meaning of Liff!

i need to find copies of those...aren't they co wrote with the Monty Python Fellows.

Whats the definition of when you go into the kitchen and forget why you went in in the first place?
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Amazinz » Thu May 05, 2005 6:23 pm

All in all I thought it was a pretty good flick. My biggest gripe is that it seemed a little too short and the story too streamlined. I give it a ;-D but I think you're better off waiting for video.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk