Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie

Postby Iguana » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:57 pm

Anyone a fan of the books? Anyone seen the trailers for this movie?

I'm looking forward to it myself, but curious if other people are interested in it.
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BigMusky » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:59 pm

looks really cool to me.
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby chris8 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:30 pm

Looking forward to it, but from what I've seen in the trailers, Marvin doesn't seem to be a patch on the one from the TV series.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 103)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:52 pm

Wooo hooo looks sweet... Since I'm a huge fan of the book Ill probably be a bit dissapointed but hopefully itll draw people to the books...

I can't wait to see it... It looks funny... alot of people are complaining that a bunch of things aren't in the movie...

no sh!TE! you can't put every single thing in the book in the movie its impossible...plus adams vision for the movie wasn't the same as the books..just like the TV series.....

Anyways Its gonna rule

DON'T PANIC
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Iguana » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:19 pm

Don't Panic!

I just watched three clips from the movie that they have over at Yahoo movies...pretty amusing.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thehitc ... alaxy.html
Iguana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Pacman » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:07 pm

This was discussed in a thread a month or so ago. I loved the books; I'm a little nervous that the movie will be a disappointment.

One thing: Trillian is renamed Tricia for the movie... WTF? Why screw with Douglas Adams' characters names like that? That's a red-flag to me that the movie isn't true to the books.

Also, the film looks very high-tech... which I don't like. One of the charming things about the books is that it was sort of low-tech, even though amazing things always happened.

Lastly (a good thing) -- the actress who plays Trillian (Tricia) is Zooey Deschanel -- she was in Elf and Almost Famous. I think she's mega-sexy. She's also a great singer.

Peace.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:18 pm

Pacman wrote:This was discussed in a thread a month or so ago. I loved the books; I'm a little nervous that the movie will be a disappointment.

One thing: Trillian is renamed Tricia for the movie... WTF? Why screw with Douglas Adams' characters names like that? That's a red-flag to me that the movie isn't true to the books.

Also, the film looks very high-tech... which I don't like. One of the charming things about the books is that it was sort of low-tech, even though amazing things always happened.

Lastly (a good thing) -- the actress who plays Trillian (Tricia) is Zooey Deschanel -- she was in Elf and Almost Famous. I think she's mega-sexy. She's also a great singer.

Peace.

Hey Pac Trillian is her Alien name her real Name is Tricia McMillan. Remeber she goes off on a trip with Zaphod... Her earth name in the other books and I think in the first one is Tricia McMillan...so they aren't screwing this up
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pacman » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:48 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Hey Pac Trillian is her Alien name her real Name is Tricia McMillan. Remeber she goes off on a trip with Zaphod... Her earth name in the other books and I think in the first one is Tricia McMillan...so they aren't screwing this up

Oh man, guess it's been too long since I read the books. Thanks for setting me straight, acs ;-D

And no matter what her character's name is, that actress is a hottie B-)
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:37 pm

The book is quite funny, but the movie doesn't look as funny. But thats just from the trailers.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:55 pm

I enjoyed the book even though I don't read much. btw, nice new Avator PacMan ;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Next

Return to General Talk