The official Yankees' fans vent thread... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

The official Yankees' fans vent thread...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stoner420 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:12 pm

man... you wont believe how happy i was to read the title of this thread... ps, less than an hour till 4/20 :-°
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:28 pm

stoner420 wrote:man... you wont believe how happy i was to read the title of this thread... ps, less than an hour till 4/20 :-°

I think he should retitle it "The Official everyone laughs about the Yankees problems thread."
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pedantic » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:40 pm

I'm so sorry, Yanks04! I truly, deeply feel your pain! It must be such torture! It has been such a long and arduous journey! Just think, it's been a whole fifty-three months since the Yankees have even won a World Series! Isn't about time the Yankees get a slice of the action?! :~( :~( :~( Hang on a second while I cut this onion. ;-7

Royals and Rays fans are shedding tears upon tears for the Yankees. Not. Yankees fans should just be grateful they actually have the money to be able to burn $15M on a broken-down pitcher. Do you have any idea of the caliber of the players on your twenty-five man roster? And you have the nerve to come crying? Give me a break.

P.S. Buying wins does work, Red Sox fans. ;-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby creepingdeath » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:02 am

stoner420 wrote:man... you wont believe how happy i was to read the title of this thread... ps, less than an hour till 4/20 :-°

Happy 420!
creepingdeath
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Statman101 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:03 am

BritSox wrote:Look, I know you guys aren't used to losing, but there's no way they don't turn this around if everyone's healthy. The question is, can they turn it around ENOUGH. They should comfortably make the playoffs. The only really worrying thing about the results so far is that the teams you've dropped games to are all division rivals.

What would concern me if i were you is that you have huge question marks over two of your starters, one of injury and the other of just plain sucking, plus your bullpen isn't looking too hot (tbf ours looks little better right now,) and you're very short of trading chips.

Even if, say, Brown gets healthy or Wright rediscovers his Atlanta form, and you manage to trade for another good bullpen arm and a starter to cover/replace the other, you'll still be in the position where a single injury to either Pavano, Johnson or one of the top two-thirds of your lineup happens, you're screwed.

Isn't that how it is for every team in the majors though? If the red sox lose Schilling and Ortiz, they are screwed too. If the mets lose pedro and beltran, they are screwed.Same goes for every other team in the majors. Losing your #1 starter and a player making 15 million plus is a huge blow to any team.
Statman101
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby blankman » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:16 am

Statman101 wrote:
BritSox wrote:Look, I know you guys aren't used to losing, but there's no way they don't turn this around if everyone's healthy. The question is, can they turn it around ENOUGH. They should comfortably make the playoffs. The only really worrying thing about the results so far is that the teams you've dropped games to are all division rivals.

What would concern me if i were you is that you have huge question marks over two of your starters, one of injury and the other of just plain sucking, plus your bullpen isn't looking too hot (tbf ours looks little better right now,) and you're very short of trading chips.

Even if, say, Brown gets healthy or Wright rediscovers his Atlanta form, and you manage to trade for another good bullpen arm and a starter to cover/replace the other, you'll still be in the position where a single injury to either Pavano, Johnson or one of the top two-thirds of your lineup happens, you're screwed.

Isn't that how it is for every team in the majors though? If the red sox lose Schilling and Ortiz, they are screwed too. If the mets lose pedro and beltran, they are screwed.Same goes for every other team in the majors. Losing your #1 starter and a player making 15 million plus is a huge blow to any team.

I was just going to post this.

An injury to Schilling and the Red Sox are pretty screwed. It works both ways.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby davidmarver » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:56 am

Yoda wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Yoda wrote:WTF is there to vent about? Just starting the third week of the season and you want to bitch about the team already? Get real.

Three weeks is three weeks. I guess we shouldn't vent about the playoffs then...that only takes about three weeks.

...never thought I'd defend a Yankees fan...

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. You want to compare team performance in the first 3 weeks of April to the 3 in October/November?

So it's okay for you to go off about how Brian Roberts will continue his three week homerun barage but you don't let Yankee fans, who watch all of their team's games (do you?), vent about how their team's continual losing ways. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me dude.

And three weeks is three weeks regardless of what time of the season it is. If the Padres go 5-10 (Yanks record?) over a 15 game span, no matter what month, you better be prepared to hear me moaning. Hell, I was complaining about a 4 game stretch.

Look, you let a fan be a fan and mind your own business Yoda. Notice it was titled the Yankees Venting Forum, not go and grade Yankee venters. Jeez dude, I'm not one to defend Yankee fans, but he's just being a loyal fan. He doesn't like what he sees. He pays the money, as a fan, that keeps his team in business and he's not able to criticize them? Give ME (and the venters) a break.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:15 am

davidmarver wrote:
Yoda wrote:
davidmarver wrote:
Yoda wrote:WTF is there to vent about? Just starting the third week of the season and you want to bitch about the team already? Get real.

Three weeks is three weeks. I guess we shouldn't vent about the playoffs then...that only takes about three weeks.

...never thought I'd defend a Yankees fan...

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. You want to compare team performance in the first 3 weeks of April to the 3 in October/November?

So it's okay for you to go off about how Brian Roberts will continue his three week homerun barage but you don't let Yankee fans, who watch all of their team's games (do you?), vent about how their team's continual losing ways. Sounds pretty hypocritical to me dude.

And three weeks is three weeks regardless of what time of the season it is. If the Padres go 5-10 (Yanks record?) over a 15 game span, no matter what month, you better be prepared to hear me moaning. Hell, I was complaining about a 4 game stretch.

Look, you let a fan be a fan and mind your own business Yoda. Notice it was titled the Yankees Venting Forum, not go and grade Yankee venters. Jeez dude, I'm not one to defend Yankee fans, but he's just being a loyal fan. He doesn't like what he sees. He pays the money, as a fan, that keeps his team in business and he's not able to criticize them? Give ME (and the venters) a break.

WTF are you talking about? When did I go off on Roberts? All I said is that we don't know enough to yet whether he is real or not. I didn't say he will go 60-60. If he is still hitting like this in May, then it's time to take him seriously. Do you even read the posts or do you just make up stuff?

You can do whatever you want. It's a little silly to go off on your favorite team in April when there is 150 games left to play. But hey, if you want to bitch and moan about it then I guess it's your prerogative. You are not even a Yankee fan so I don't know why you are posting in this thread. Enjoy!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby stoner420 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:48 am

creepingdeath wrote:

Happy 420!

thanks bro... happy holiday everyone.
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:02 am

Look the Cafe exists so that we can learn, exchange ideas, cheer, vent, whatever. So, there is no point ridiculing someone for expressing his concerns.

Yes, the Yanks have that giant payroll and an All-Star roster. Remember, however, that this is not the choice of the Yanks fans, but of Cashman or Steinbrenner and his cronies.

The true fans remember HOW we won those titles starting in 96. We remember the type of fundamental baseball we played. We remember the Yankee way. So, it is distressing to watch guys up there hacking with 2 strikes(A-Rod or not), or Torre not calling for the bunt last night with men on 1st and 2nd.

We see that there are lots of holes: from just about everything about Womack except his speed (we'd rather have Polanco or Andy Philips or Cano), to a hare-like OF defense, to the slow bats of Bernie, Jorge and Tino, to that old bullpen...

As astute fans of the game, accustomed to not just winning, but quality baseball, we have the right to be disappointed and vent our concerns.

We're still pulling for all of them. We hope that the holes are filled and fears assuaged. But, we're ready, just in case our concerns are realized. And in the meantime we're hoping that some how, some way, some Yanks down in AAA, will make the trip up and play hard and well, and stay.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to New York Yankees