I think even avid hunters will find this disturbing - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I think even avid hunters will find this disturbing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:32 am

but does this mean we get to hunt babies too? ;-)
Those darn guns. They are always killing things.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Madison » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:40 am

wrveres wrote:but does this mean we get to hunt babies too? ;-)
Those darn guns. They are always killing things.

Yup, all the fault of the guns. ;-7

:-b
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fireball Express » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:42 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:I have no problem with any of this. ANY OF IT!

I started shooting when I was 9.

As for hunting squirrels (pellet gun) it's been a life time hobby for me. When I was about 12 it was a source of income.

What were you doing at 5?

I guess all that I found disturbing was the image of a beatific little girl killing animals and skinning them. I swear I wasn't trying to start a discussion.

As for your question, fireball, I found it mostly by stumpling.

Okay, though - even you will find this disurbing

http://www.newbabynews.net/hospitals/mm ... ID=h1-4161

At five I was playing with toy guns and golf clubs and pretending to be a doctor. You see I wanted to be like dad. That's probably what this young girl feels. Dad goes hunting so of course she wants to as well. Maybe 5 is young but I wish I did it at that age.

And there is nothing disturbing about that birth announcement link other than the fact that that girl is over 9 pounds. Poor mom. I have nothing against birth and what I really want to say could be considered a political opinion so I'll reframe.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JTWood » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:25 am

There is something about this that bothers me, but I cannot put my finger on it at the moment.

:-?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:27 am

Madison wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Okay, though - even you will find this disurbing

What am I missing? It's a picture of a baby. Maybe needs a slight shave of the upper lip, but is there something else? :-?

The name is disgusting. Those parents need to be shot for that.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:39 am

Madison wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Okay, though - even you will find this disurbing

What am I missing? It's a picture of a baby. Maybe needs a slight shave of the upper lip, but is there something else? :-?

LOL, don't feel bad Mad, I didn't get it until I read wr's post either. :-° :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:22 am

Fireball Express wrote:At five I was playing with toy guns and golf clubs and pretending to be a doctor. You see I wanted to be like dad. That's probably what this young girl feels. Dad goes hunting so of course she wants to as well. Maybe 5 is young but I wish I did it at that age.

And there is nothing disturbing about that birth announcement link other than the fact that that girl is over 9 pounds. Poor mom. I have nothing against birth and what I really want to say could be considered a political opinion so I'll reframe.

That's fine but can't she wait?? A lot of us wanted to be like our father at that age but there has to be more replicable behavior. What if daddy is a pimp?? A drug dealer?? A beer drinker?? Can she do those things as well?? You get the point. I don't care what she did. I care when she did it.

So you have no problem with the name of the child?? :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:58 am

Besides the name of the child - which of course is disturbing - is the fact that AA goes to some blog or other site where these type of radical extremes are used as examples of people opposite those in the Liberal mindset - same can be said for radical right wing sites as well.
Im not sure what I find more disturbing - that people visit and contribute to these sites regularly, that they spend their time digging stuff like this up, or that so many feeble minded, emotionally and mentally disturbed people are given a haven by them instead of finding the proper help they need.
Seeing radical extremes dont get me whipped into a frenzy because I understand they are radical extremes - more than anything it just makes me sad that other people use them as pawns to promote their own agenda.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:02 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Besides the name of the child - which of course is disturbing - is the fact that AA goes to some blog or other site where these type of radical extremes are used as examples of people opposite those in the Liberal mindset - same can be said for radical right wing sites as well.
Im not sure what I find more disturbing - that people visit and contribute to these sites regularly, that they spend their time digging stuff like this up, or that so many feeble minded, emotionally and mentally disturbed people are given a haven by them instead of finding the proper help they need.
Seeing radical extremes dont get me whipped into a frenzy because I understand they are radical extremes - more than anything it just makes me sad that other people use them as pawns to promote their own agenda.

Actually, I got both of these from the same non-political website. Sometimes the cafe doesn't work at work, so I need to surf around during my planning period. I don't know if I can post a link because a ton of the stuff on the site is not pg-13, but if you're really interested, Corny, just drop me a pm.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:21 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Seeing radical extremes dont get me whipped into a frenzy because I understand they are radical extremes - more than anything it just makes me sad that other people use them as pawns to promote their own agenda.

I'm not sure if that was directed at some of my comments, but I will assume it was partially. While I agree, you also have to keep those minorities from having a disproptionately large voice in the decision making process.

I'm not sure if that's coherent, or relavant to the conversation, I'm going on my 26th hour with no sleep, so I've got a bit of an excuse. X-I
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk