Yadier Molina Fan Club - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Yadier Molina Fan Club

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby denny_32 » Fri May 27, 2005 11:12 am

I'm glad to see that people are starting to give Yadi the credit he deserves. You gotta cut him a lil' slack since it's his first full season as a starter. i've always though that he'd turn out to be a better overall player than Matheny. I just didn't think he'd be this solid behind the plate. It's nice to see that he will take control of things when a pitcher is struggling. He doesn't hesitate to call time and try to calm the pitcher down. His arm and ball blocking skills are great.

I figured he'd start to turn things around at the plate. He was decent there last year when filling in, and with more plate appearances, he'll get more and more comfortable.

It's great to see Pujols and others helping this young kid out. Who better to give him pointers than Pujols?! You couldn't ask for a better instructor.

Keep it up Yadi! You've got one hell of a career ahead of ya!

(by the way, I'd love to join this fan club!)
denny_32
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri May 27, 2005 11:26 am

Welcome aboard denny. ;-D
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri May 27, 2005 11:28 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Welcome aboard denny. ;-D

Ditto. ;-D Gotta keep one step ahead of those Cubs fans. :-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

yadier molina fan club

Postby supatra » Fri May 27, 2005 1:48 pm

this man seriously needs a fan club. i'm gettin' tired of going from website to website for articles and photos and photos and photos...
yadi was the one who finally showed me that hockey really sucks. i've been watching it until i couldn't last year so i started to get into the cardinals. he's very exciting to watch and because of his age, i can follow his career for years to come. where's the smiley with blushed cheeks and tounge hanging out of it's mouth? anyway, get on that fanclub and please keep me posted.

supatra
supatra Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: yadier molina fan club

Postby JTWood » Mon May 30, 2005 11:33 pm

supatra wrote:this man seriously needs a fan club. i'm gettin' tired of going from website to website for articles and photos and photos and photos...
yadi was the one who finally showed me that hockey really sucks. i've been watching it until i couldn't last year so i started to get into the cardinals. he's very exciting to watch and because of his age, i can follow his career for years to come. where's the smiley with blushed cheeks and tounge hanging out of it's mouth? anyway, get on that fanclub and please keep me posted.

supatra

What # is supatra? #008? Throw it in your sig, bud!

;-D

BTW, Molina's bat is hot and he's in Colorado. I started him with high hopes. Don't let me down, Yadi!

;-D ;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue May 31, 2005 11:17 am

JTWood wrote:BTW, Molina's bat is hot and he's in Colorado. I started him with high hopes. Don't let me down, Yadi!

;-D ;-D
1 for 3. I hope you league doesn't count errors.

btw - I didn't see the game last night anyone see what happened with Molina's throwing error?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 272)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue May 31, 2005 11:22 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:
JTWood wrote:BTW, Molina's bat is hot and he's in Colorado. I started him with high hopes. Don't let me down, Yadi!

;-D ;-D
1 for 3. I hope you league doesn't count errors.

btw - I didn't see the game last night anyone see what happened with Molina's throwing error?

We don't count errors, but it's still crap. I messed up big time. I found out this morning that I started Brian Schneider on accident and what happens? He gets knocked in the hand by Marcus Giles' bat and he's out for at least a day.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

We have mid-week substitutions, so I can put Yadi in on Thursday, but by then he'll be out of Colorado airspace. I hate being absent-minded.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue May 31, 2005 11:43 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:btw - I didn't see the game last night anyone see what happened with Molina's throwing error?

I think it was when he was trying to pick off a runner on third (don't remember who it was) and the throw was to the foul-side of the bag. Mabry couldn't get a glove on it because of where the ball was in relation to the runner so it skipped past him inot LF and the run scored. I don't think Rolen could have done much more with it, so it was clearly on Molina from what I saw/remember.

Something else I noticed last night too was that he's trying to get kinda "cute" at times and pick balls cleanly (so he can test runners I presume) instead of just smothering them. I remember there was a WP a little outside that he could have easily blocked but he tried to pick it and it went to the backstop and the runners advanced. I know it's getting nit-picky but I hope he doesn't keep doing that and possibly costing the Cards runs in the future. :-/ I haven't been able to catch many games lately, so those I've seen may be exceptions. Anyone else noticed this? :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue May 31, 2005 5:11 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Something else I noticed last night too was that he's trying to get kinda "cute" at times and pick balls cleanly (so he can test runners I presume) instead of just smothering them. I remember there was a WP a little outside that he could have easily blocked but he tried to pick it and it went to the backstop and the runners advanced. I know it's getting nit-picky but I hope he doesn't keep doing that and possibly costing the Cards runs in the future. :-/ I haven't been able to catch many games lately, so those I've seen may be exceptions. Anyone else noticed this? :-?

i have noticed he isnt nearly as good as matheny at blocking the ball but i dont really have an explanation for it. hopefully it is something that can be reduced. you can allow the runners to move up against weak teams like the rockies but that is something that could make a big difference in the playoffs.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:58 am

I have to say I like this kid. He has a cannon arm for gunning out would be base stealers and anyone with the Last name Molina can catch for my team ;-D
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to St. Louis Cardinals